Postby DH_Dave on Sat 31/Jan/04 5:48pm

mint pics bro, i wish i ahd raced the track looks mint as, :thumbsup: :D

cheers for the pics
DH_Dave
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby DropKick on Sat 31/Jan/04 9:07pm

DK's notes for the day

*Welly has lots of weird people
*Tama's chops are filthy (the phattest facial hair this side of DEC's beard!
*Cows are silly, holemachine went to scare them off the road so they started shagging.
*We saw dwayne going to tow someone away down taranaki st who had been pulled up and arrested but then he had to unhook it and go home empty handed which disapointed us.
*fog adds an interesting twist
*I'm very sunburnt :(
*Those bottom berms fell to pieces
*being a weasel with a light bike is not a good combination in that wind.
*Its quite terrifying thinking you're about to clip the hay bale on the last straight (I got ever so close)
*JK is the man
*the track got slippery as hell in the rain last night, I slipped over and then Craig Pattle did the exact same thing and it felt good to know its not just my un-co-ordination.
*Tama should get the Nobel prize for filthy chops :thumbsup: :cool:
DropKick
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby wachtourak on Sat 31/Jan/04 10:43pm

Looked like a great track from those photos. What's the track roughness wise comared to rotorua?
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby barracuda_butcher on Sat 31/Jan/04 11:46pm

winning time was 1.58 JK
chris birch won some section, maybe hardtail? but doesn't get champion because he entered OTD, what a crock
barracuda_butcher

Postby Burnt toast on Sun 1/Feb/04 1:51am

Yer barracuda,

That rule was a surprise to me too, I was expecting mike the hippy to come up and get his medal but because he entered on the day, no cigar.
I think because it has uci points involved, if you don't have a racing licence, No medal.
Guess it's a case of read the rule book, or don't like it go home, or drink less J D's .

But hay at the end of the day who cares, everyone knows who the fastest cat is .
Burnt toast
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby DropKick on Sun 1/Feb/04 7:47am

That rule is stupid, how come JK won national elite champ but Birch didnt win HT (they were both OTD entries) :eh:

Good work Burnt-toast and slackboy :cool:

Also, does anyone know what was up with all the cops on friday afternoon? when we left (3;30ish?) there was about 3-4 cop cars filled with cops sitting in the carpark below the wind turbine then we met another couple coming up as we were going down....anyone know? :eh: (looked like they were waiting for someone :paranoid:)
DropKick

Postby SamultheCamul on Sun 1/Feb/04 9:49am

DropKick wrote:That rule is stupid, how come JK won national elite champ but Birch didnt win HT (they were both OTD entries) :eh:

Im guessing thats because, even tho JK doesnt have the NZ race licence, he still must have his overseas one and be eligable for the UCI points?
SamultheCamul

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 1/Feb/04 10:37am

DropKick wrote:*Cows are silly, holemachine went to scare them off the road so they started shagging.

Holemachine and the cow? :0

Nice pics too. Looks like a great track. :thumbsup:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby DropKick on Sun 1/Feb/04 10:42am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
DropKick wrote:*Cows are silly, holemachine went to scare them off the road so they started shagging.

Holemachine and the cow? :0

No the bull and the cow, and there was another cow watching (dirty threesome :crazy:)

and the people behind us were cheering :eh:
DropKick

Postby Spooky John on Sun 1/Feb/04 2:23pm

ha i did get blown off the pedals once on one of the berms near the end and rode one and a half corners bouncing on my arse haha, the chute was real good as well, rough as on a hardtail but still mint!

I ended up in 6th behind youngmike and chris birch got an amazing time for first, i think crnkin got third good work with a mint time as well ;)

it sucked how it rained on friday, a few more dry runs wouldve been the buissness but raceday turned out mint with a light wind and a bit overcast
Spooky John
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby JohnnyC on Sun 1/Feb/04 2:34pm

Burnt toast wrote:Yer barracuda,

That rule was a surprise to me too, I was expecting mike the hippy to come up and get his medal but because he entered on the day, no cigar.
I think because it has uci points involved, if you don't have a racing licence, No medal.
Guess it's a case of read the rule book, or don't like it go home, or drink less J D's .

But hay at the end of the day who cares, everyone knows who the fastest cat is .

no uci points for hardtail class, but that is rather baffling why he wouldn't be given the title
JohnnyC
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Ripped Off

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Sun 1/Feb/04 8:51pm

well im not too bothered by missing out on a little medal .
What does ripp me off is that idid put in a lot of effort to make top placing to give some credibility to my sponsers BURKES CYCLES and CANNONDALE.
I didnt hear any complants about anything during the practice and racing which shows how much of a awsome job was done buy the orginisers.
good stuff guys.
Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts