Another Newbie!

Postby madd on Wed 22/Oct/08 1:51pm

Hey all,

I'm just starting to get into the mountain biking, signed up for Karapoti (looks like a whole lotta fun/pain :0 ) and walked out off VIC Cycles much poorer than I'd intended but with a 09 trance on Saturday...

So can anybody reccomend good tracks around Wellington to help prepare for Karapoti? I may have been slightly ambitious in signing up for the full rather than the challenge...
madd
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby psychavoc on Wed 22/Oct/08 2:03pm

Hiya, welcome to Vorb :)

The Tip Track is often used for Karapoti training - starts just to the left of the turn-off to the tip on Happy Valley Rd and climbs up to near the radar station at the top of the hill. Also around the Sanctuary fenceline is quite good. Start up Highbury and head around clockwise to Scout Hall in Karori. Nothing really compares to the real thing though! :0 I did the Karapoti for the first time at the beginning of this year. Pre-rode the track just once around Christmas/New Years. Might also help if you practice your bike carry skills while up steep hills. Plus lots and lots and lots of hours of riding your bike in general :thumbsup:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

New User Introductions | Vorb - Latest Posts