Postby Flyboy on Fri 10/Oct/08 1:50pm

neels wrote: PWR racing, Andrew Thomson/Paul Weel

Ingall is with Paul Morris, so you can almost guarantee his day will end early as well.

Agreed, hes been spouting on about dirty drivers.. well him and Morris are probably the two dirtiest drivers out there so If I was out there Id be staying away from them like the plague.
If they survive the first hour, id imagine the rest of the race will be okay for them, Ingalls a competant driver, if a pushy one
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby neels on Fri 10/Oct/08 1:55pm

Flyboy wrote:Agreed, hes been spouting on about dirty drivers.. well him and Morris are probably the two dirtiest drivers out there so If I was out there Id be staying away from them like the plague.
If they survive the first hour, id imagine the rest of the race will be okay for them, Ingalls a competant driver, if a pushy one

Ingall drives hard, but he's reasonably fair (just ask Mark Skaife, he'll back me up :D ) whereas Morris is a muppet who does stupid stuff then rants about it being somebody elses fault afterwards. Remember when he took out the two leading cars (5 years ago?) when he exited the pits several laps down and decided to join in the battle for the lead of the race.

One of the best moments in australian motorsport was when tony longhurst smacked him in the head after he had taken him out, when they were both driving bmw's for the same team. :thumbsup:
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby jeremyb on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:03pm

Paul Weel has minor back injury, Pither is ok :)
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Tugboat on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:22pm

Flyboy wrote: :pmob: *mutters* bloody TKR......:(

Is this the last we'll see of TKR?? I reckon it could be the final nail i the coffin for them.
tkr wreck.jpg
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby pb on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:25pm

That looks broken.

The spin must have bought out lots of yellow flags. Seemed to come around the corner awfully fast considering.
pb
"Mmmm, Beer."
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby specializedman on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:36pm

That looked expensive!
specializedman
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Flyboy on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:50pm

:pmob: Agreed to both Neels and Tugboat,

Morris was voted the dirtiest driver - BY the other drivers!- the past two years I believe. Yes, Ingall drives hard, he just has a habit of making mistakes in awkward places. Full respect to him as a driver though. its his off-track rethoric (sp) that gets me a bit; he comes across as rather arrogant. However thats all part of the mind games through any racing, no im not holding it against him.

Tugboat: Yes, finally, I hope thats the end of TKR. they've been scraping the bottom of the barrel for some time now, even accusations of false book-keeping recently for the car (very uncool), so perhaps this will be the final straw.
They wont even have much of a car to sell off; that things in bad shape!!!
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:51pm

Pah, most of that will buff right out, bit of bondo, couple cans of spraypaint and an hour or so with an adjustable wrench will have it looking as good as new.

Answer me this:

if you can build a roll cage then drape it in faux holden panels (as is allowed see the post on page 3 quoting from wiki) then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RESTRICTED TO TAXIS AND REPMOBILES? WHY NOT SOMETHING COOL??? C300 Chrysler, Aston Martin, Humber 80, anything but the bloody repmobiles (leaving aside the fact that the two marques own the series and have set it up for their benefit.. and mitsubishi offered a brazillian of money to get involved only to be turned down).

In spite of my previous Andre200 style posts, I accept that this is a silhouette class and underneath these are pukka racing cars, but the format is so tedious and the cars so ugly I cant watch it. its designed to appeal to muppets whose only involvement is that of the thugby fan "Im a Ford man" "Im a Holden man" lets fight is the same level of discourse as : "go the Pies" or "Caaaaaannnnabrreeeeeeeee": fucking Neolithic and moronic.

bah humbug.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:53pm

it didnt seem to piss fluids all over the track either..... good effort on the builders part.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby jeremyb on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:56pm

Tugboat wrote:
Flyboy wrote: :pmob: *mutters* bloody TKR......:(

Is this the last we'll see of TKR?? I reckon it could be the final nail i the coffin for them.

Given that just the engine in that car costs > $500k NZ I'd say they're well screwed, it was amazing they came back after the Radisich ordeal.
jeremyb

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 10/Oct/08 2:58pm

I could be excited if Chrysler got involved, till then, meh. :)

You have raised several good points Mr Hill! :thumbsup:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby jeremyb on Fri 10/Oct/08 3:00pm

V8 supercars is awesome as it is, nothing other than Fords or Holdens matters to the average V8 fan so thats why theres no other brands involved, they've created a formula thats hugely exciting for the fans and sells a lot of cars for the two manufacturers, its a huge success that keeps growing, I for one find it to be the most fun to watch, way better than watching the paint drying of F1!
jeremyb

Postby Bigfoot on Fri 10/Oct/08 3:09pm

WRC is still the most entertaining :love:
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 10/Oct/08 3:21pm

jeremyb wrote: V8 supercars is awesome as it is, nothing other than Fords or Holdens matters to the average V8 fan so thats why theres no other brands involved, they've created a formula thats hugely exciting for the fans and sells a lot of cars for the two manufacturers, its a huge success that keeps growing, I for one find it to be the most fun to watch, way better than watching the paint drying of F1!

For sure its fun to watch, a return to the good old days of teh "Big Three" dukeing it out for the win on Sunday, sell on Monday bragging rights would make it cooler though! :thumbsup:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby Tugboat on Fri 10/Oct/08 3:25pm

jeremyb wrote:
Given that just the engine in that car costs > $500k NZ I'd say they're well screwed, it was amazing they came back after the Radisich ordeal.

They haven't paid the bills from that rebuild yet have they? :sly:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts