Postby shazandy on Wed 2/Jul/08 12:19pm

Hey All
I am new to this site, still trying to find my way round, can't even figure out how to do my profile etc.
I don't mountain bike but have a road bike but very new to it all! stil have trouble getting my head round clipons! hahaha

Shaz
shazandy
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby xcmtb on Wed 2/Jul/08 12:20pm

we shall have to introduce you to mountain bikes then...

Steve by the way, welcome to Vorb.
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby chchbob on Wed 2/Jul/08 12:23pm

Welcome Shaz and hope you enjoy.
chchbob
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby sooby on Wed 2/Jul/08 12:55pm

howdy & welcome!

what part of nz are you in?
sooby
"sofa king retarded"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby shazandy on Wed 2/Jul/08 7:57pm

I am in Christchurch, live out north Canterbury in woodend. Hubby is a mountain biker, he loves it but just doesn't get out much
shazandy
Member for: 9 years 5 months

RE: Newbie

Postby Tugboat on Wed 2/Jul/08 8:02pm

shazandy wrote: ... stil have trouble getting my head round clipons! hahaha

Shaz

You're doing something wrong. Try getting your feet into them and see if that helps.

Oh... and welcome. ;)
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby CraigOfMarshall on Wed 2/Jul/08 8:03pm

hey welcome to vorb. it dosent take to long to learn ur way round. good luck
CraigOfMarshall

Postby chchbob on Wed 2/Jul/08 8:06pm

Hey Shaz I see you posted with the North Canterbury group. If you see a blue and white Jamis (bike) around the village say hi as I'm also woodend and often do the Sunday bunch ride. Good luck with those clip-ons wife and I both feel over before getting the hang of those.. lol.. :D
chchbob

Postby RJM on Thu 9/Oct/08 1:26pm

What you riding ?
RJM
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby psychavoc on Thu 9/Oct/08 1:28pm

Is there any method to your madnes here RJM? :eh: Or are you geniunely interested in what all the newbies to Vorb are riding (even though the threads are a few months old)? :blink:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby RJM on Thu 9/Oct/08 3:23pm

psychavoc wrote: Is there any method to your madnes here RJM? :eh: Or are you geniunely interested in what all the newbies to Vorb are riding (even though the threads are a few months old)? :blink:
I'm new to Vorb myself - thanks for making me welcome - and why wouldn't I be interested in what someone is riding - this is a cyclying site (although your spelling could suggest otherwise) ?
RJM

Postby xcmtb on Thu 9/Oct/08 3:29pm

RJM wrote:
psychavoc wrote: Is there any method to your madnes here RJM? :eh: Or are you geniunely interested in what all the newbies to Vorb are riding (even though the threads are a few months old)? :blink:
I'm new to Vorb myself - thanks for making me welcome - and why wouldn't I be interested in what someone is riding - this is a cyclying site (although your spelling could suggest otherwise) ?
Probably just seemed odd, as a newbie it may have made you sound like you were trying to scope out bikes to nick, hope you don't feel too stink about it, it's just that this is the interweb, and there are some of that type out there...

Something about spelling you were saying?
xcmtb

Postby psychavoc on Thu 9/Oct/08 3:38pm

Yeah, it seemed a bit odd that you were digging up old threads that's all. It's the school holidays, which generally brings out a few new trouble-making Vorb users, so thought I'd just check .. :)

(And yes, the spelling was quite atrocious by my standards.. :huh: )
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby RJM on Mon 13/Oct/08 7:40am

Just realised what you Guys meant - I'm an old fella so am not too good with this type of thing - I should have checked the dates on the original posting first - sorry about that - I got excited when I read the original Author was a Roadie not a Mountie - I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Are you guys serious about people using this site to nick bikes - you have me worried now ?
RJM

Postby xcmtb on Mon 13/Oct/08 8:38am

I can't say I've heard of it happening, but the internet is the internet... just keep your address and any other personal details for private messages to people you feel you can trust for Buy+Sell type of things.
xcmtb

New User Introductions | Vorb - Latest Posts