New Gal To Vorb

Postby Vee on Fri 20/Jun/08 4:52pm

G'day everyone,

Just thought I'd holler out. Another newbie who's interested in having some XC fun around and about town.

I've been doing alot of cycling around Wellington already but would like to do a lot more off-road sort of stuff, perhaps Makara Peak and Mt Vic to start off with as I've heard so many good things! If any groups of gals (or guys) are heading up either way on weekends, I'd love to tag along.

I'm also thinking of buying a better bike so if anyone has any recommendations then my ears are open.

Thanks!

Virginia
a.k.a Vee
Vee
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby sifter on Fri 20/Jun/08 4:54pm

Hey Vee,
welcome to vorb! What bike are you currently riding, and what don't you like about it?
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Kyle on Fri 20/Jun/08 4:55pm

Hi. :)

...In before 20+ pages of badly written spading from the groms.
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Vee on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:02pm

My bike is getting reasonably old, it's a Raleigh but it's done the job for a while and I've never had a problem with it but I would like to upgrade to something a bit lighter with better brakes, suspension, more gears, a better ride feel etc.
Vee

Postby wachtourak on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:03pm

I ride up mt vic sometimes/most weekends. If you see someone on a blue and white giant flailing down a track that's me...
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Friendly Llama on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:07pm

Kyle wrote: Hi. :)

...In before 20+ pages of badly written spading from the groms.

wachtourak wrote: I ride up mt vic sometimes/most weekends. If you see someone on a blue and white giant flailing down a track that's me...

He's still got the charm :lol:

... But hi, and welcome. :)
Friendly Llama
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Vee on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:09pm

wachtourak wrote: I ride up mt vic sometimes/most weekends. If you see someone on a blue and white giant flailing down a track that's me...

Will possibly head up there tomorrow sometime if the weather's good. Lunchtime maybe.
Orange/Black bike :)
Vee

Postby Dazzle on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:14pm

It is like watching a road crash in SLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWW MOOOTION.
Dazzle
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby wachtourak on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:20pm

When I moved here I just went up to the lookout, rode down from there and followed whatever I could find to the bottom. There are endless tracks, but it's pretty hard to get lost. If you just stay on the ridgeline that's a pretty easy ride and you end up down Crawford Rd/Constable st if you go all the way.

Actually scratch the blue and white bike comment. Will be on a red hartail tomorrow if I'm up there.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Tinkerbell on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:25pm

There's a decent sized group of girls up there in Welly who ride regularly. I know they'd be really happy to meet up for a ride. I'm sure one will post up soon. :thumbsup:

edit: Oh and welcome to Vorb! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkerbell
"I am smiling"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Vee on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:25pm

Sweet, ok. Will have to try that trail. A workmate recommended starting in Newtown, I have no idea what that's like but if anyone else is interested in joining me, i'll be heading down tomorrow at about lunch. Will try the lookout tomorrow, maybe Newtown another time.

Off to the gym now. Might see some people tomorrow.

Take care!
Vee

Postby pulsar on Fri 20/Jun/08 5:34pm

Hey Vee, me and my flatmate both live at the foot of mt vic and regularly go up, I'd like to do a bit more exploring too. :thumbsup:
pulsar
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Vee on Fri 20/Jun/08 7:50pm

Tinkerbell wrote: There's a decent sized group of girls up there in Welly who ride regularly. I know they'd be really happy to meet up for a ride. I'm sure one will post up soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tinkerbell. Count me in when the offer comes up. Where do they normally post messages?
Vee

Postby Mr_Bob on Fri 20/Jun/08 7:56pm

Welcome to vorb :)
I'm sure you're going to find a lot of people to ride with
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby psychavoc on Fri 20/Jun/08 8:13pm

Vee wrote:
Tinkerbell wrote: There's a decent sized group of girls up there in Welly who ride regularly. I know they'd be really happy to meet up for a ride. I'm sure one will post up soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tinkerbell. Count me in when the offer comes up. Where do they normally post messages?

Hi Vee :) Welcome to Vorb. I'm one of the many Welly girls on here and I'm sure I'll see you soon enough out on the tracks. :thumbsup:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

New User Introductions | Vorb - Latest Posts