2008 Tour De France Thread

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 10:33am

Voila! :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Joel on Thu 12/Jun/08 10:34am

love your work

although now do we have to repost all our chit chat from the boonen thread? :hmmm:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 10:35am

Picks, pics and general punditry welcome, as we roll towards this juggernaut of world cycling. In the Boonen thread I have stated that I won't pick my favourite until after the Tour de Suisse, but feel free to put your favourites forward.
Oli

Postby Joel on Thu 12/Jun/08 10:42am

Oli wrote: Picks, pics and general punditry welcome, as we roll towards this juggernaut of world cycling. In the Boonen thread I have stated that I won't pick my favourite until after the Tour de Suisse, but feel free to put your favourites forward.

surely you have an early favourite your thinking about.. come on, spit it out man!

despite evans rep as a wheel sucker, i think he is a very very smart rider will be up there again this year. although thats not exactly a groundbreaking statement! :)

who is going to pick the break through rider this year?
Joel
"Style over speed"

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 10:46am

No, I genuinely don't have a pick. I think it's wide open, hence wanting to see how things go over the next couple of stage races. I think Devolder will do well, but I don't see him winning. I think Valverde and Evans look good so far, but apart from that it's hard to tell...

I don't have any Woman's Weekly emotional favourites to hang my hopes and fears on like you do. ;)
Oli

Postby Joel on Thu 12/Jun/08 10:48am

Oli wrote: I don't have any Woman's Weekly emotional favourites to hang my hopes and fears on like you do. ;)

:D
Joel
"Style over speed"

Postby Fergie on Thu 12/Jun/08 10:49am

Cunego is such a spunk, I will just die if he doesn't win!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Gordio on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:01am

Jacky Durand will win 2 hour lead before the mountains (he's making a comeback)
Gordio
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby jeremyb on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:04am

Dang, must get my sky decoding pc up and running again :)
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby jeremyb on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:07am

Oli wrote: No, I genuinely don't have a pick. I think it's wide open, hence wanting to see how things go over the next couple of stage races. I think Devolder will do well, but I don't see him winning. I think Valverde and Evans look good so far, but apart from that it's hard to tell...

I don't have any Woman's Weekly emotional favourites to hang my hopes and fears on like you do. ;)

My moneys on Valverde as well, his time has come :)
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Tugboat on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:07am

I think this is Valverde's year.

Great form through spring and looks to be the rider to beat at the Dauphine.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Dazzle on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:08am

Can you garrantee that they will put Le Tour on Sky Sport 1 and not Sky Sport 2/3/ESPN etc?

Afterall it is not Golf, or Thugby.
Dazzle
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Tugboat on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:09am

Oli wrote: No, I genuinely don't have a pick. I think it's wide open, hence wanting to see how things go over the next couple of stage races. I think Devolder will do well, but I don't see him winning. I think Valverde and Evans look good so far, but apart from that it's hard to tell...

With no prologue it's set to be a more attacking first week possibly. In which case I'm with you on Devolder to do well. I'm torn between him and Voigt to wear the maillot jaune until the hills.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"

Postby Joel on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:09am

good on sky for getting the extensive coverage that they do. and probably will shuffle it around depending on what else comes on. but thats life.
Joel
"Style over speed"

Postby Tugboat on Thu 12/Jun/08 11:10am

Dazzle wrote: Can you garrantee that they will put Le Tour on Sky Sport 1 and not Sky Sport 2/3/ESPN etc?

Afterall it is not Golf, or Thugby.

I don't care which channel... I just care that its on in all its live gloriousness! :)
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts