Postby sifter on Mon 3/Nov/08 11:04am

Oli wrote: Wicked! Who won?

England, though Nigeria looked like the better team for 89 minutes...
sifter
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Colin on Mon 3/Nov/08 11:06am

Choice Oli.

Always good to have one of those rides when you stick some 50/50 things, especially on the back of a 'riding like a gooney bird coming in to land' ride.

And the stunner day just adds to it.
Colin
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 3/Nov/08 4:28pm

Colin wrote: 'riding like a gooney bird coming in to land' ride.
:lol:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Mon 3/Nov/08 7:33pm

:D
Oli
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby ryda on Mon 3/Nov/08 9:58pm

Oli in his blog wrote:I had someone give me a dig about my blog last night; he accused me of being egocentric and boring him by writing about myself. Well, DURR! I pointed out to him that by it's very nature writing a blog has to be ego-driven. After all, I'm writing on my blog about things I am doing.

Naturally it also helps that I am somewhat less than a humble man, but really my main motivation is to simply write a kind of diary for my own edification - whether or not others enjoy it is secondary. I do give thanks to those who give me positive feedback about it, however - me and my ego appreciate it...
:thumbsup:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby happybaboon on Mon 3/Nov/08 10:00pm

Your blog is cool. There's very very few blogs I read, but I always check out your one. Mostly 'cos of the pictures.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Postby musket on Mon 3/Nov/08 10:14pm

I think it would be very amusing to write a blog about someone else one knew. If borderline stalking.

I don't mean a celeb, just some random acquaintance.
musket
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Oli on Mon 3/Nov/08 10:42pm

Haha! I can think of a few victims subjects... :D

Cheers for the nice words, guys. :blush:

I've actually added a bit to it that I alluded to on Vorb last night:

Oli wrote:It wasn't all smooth sailing though; I had a sketchy moment on the Ski Jump - just as I started down the easier right-hand line a Doberman came out of the bushes running up the slope straight at me so in (barely) mid-air I had to change lines, just missing a large root and slamming my rear wheel hard sideways into the ground. I then experienced a phenomenon I've only ever heard about before - the phenomenon of burping air from a tubeless tyre. On this occasion it burped out to my right, showering the startled Dobie with a stream of jizz*, and I was able to make my escape unharmed though a bit squishier than before**...

*The common nickname for Stan's NoTubes Tubeless Tyre Sealant, not to be used in certain situations; "Sorry, I have jizz all over my hands!" As I said to a high ranking official at MTB Worlds after just having changed my first tubeless tyre.

**I lost some air pressure, you dirty swine! What else could that mean?
Oli

Postby Datsane on Tue 4/Nov/08 11:34am

:lol:

I'm with Babs your blog is one of the least self bloated blogs out. Has the person read your blog or any others :eh:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby CookedCray on Thu 6/Nov/08 10:10am

http://www.feelinggreat.co.nz/yk-files/ ... Tornio.doc

Hey Oli - There is a competition the council are running to 'pimp your ride' and this is one of the entries - Looks like a classic bike and I do wonder if the bike got pimped who would do it justice.. you perhaps?
CookedCray

Postby Oli on Thu 6/Nov/08 10:14am

What a beautiful old Frejus!
Oli

Postby Scotty on Thu 6/Nov/08 10:14am

:o

That bike's AWESOME. :love:
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby sifter on Thu 6/Nov/08 10:17am

David's an occasional vorb poster I believe...
sifter
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby CookedCray on Thu 6/Nov/08 11:27am

yep 'twould be great to see it returned to it's former glory - Good for David as a momento of his Dad also
CookedCray

Postby Oli on Thu 6/Nov/08 9:38pm

AForest.jpg
Oli

Bicycle Repair | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Road Cycling | Sifting - Latest Posts