Help With Bosch Jigsaw & Sds Blade Change System

Postby sooby on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:03pm

Brought a Bosch jigsaw with 'SDS fast blade change system' from Trade Me, unfortunately I'm not sure I'm using it correctly as the blade sits at an off straight angle. I want to know if I'm doing something wrong loading the blade, or if the saw is stuffed & needs to be sent back.

Any feedback much appreciated, thanks =)

Heres a pic:
jigsaw.jpg
jigsaw
sooby
"sofa king retarded"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Kyle on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:24pm

Looks like red ring is supposed to rotate(counter-clockwise would be my guess). Insert blade then turn ring back to original position. Blade may need to be wiggled a bit before it will click and lock into place.

This is just my guess based off using similar shit.
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby sooby on Sun 28/Oct/07 8:33pm

cheers Kyle, I've seen instruction manuals from the web & thats how I interpret it too - just seems the blade sits off to one side slightly.
sooby
"sofa king retarded"

Postby Halo24 on Sun 28/Oct/07 9:23pm

I have one and when you press the blade in it should click to lock and sit straight, the red lever is only to release it, you need to adjust the guide wheel thing against the blade, are you sure the blade is straight??
Halo24
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Halo24 on Sun 28/Oct/07 9:26pm

Also is the bottom plate level? it can be adjusted as well.
Halo24

Postby sooby on Mon 29/Oct/07 7:49am

Thanks Halo - thats exactly the info I was after!

Looks like it is stuffed then cos I can't seem to get the blade to sit straight - will also check with another blade in case that was the problem

Appreciate your help heaps, I owe you one!
sooby
"sofa king retarded"

Postby Halo24 on Mon 29/Oct/07 7:59am

Gotta picture of it with the blade in? do you have the guide wheel against the blade? should be just touching.
Halo24

Postby Tama on Mon 29/Oct/07 8:08am

When I first read the title I thought you were talking about a completely different type of "Bosch Jigsaw" and was trying to work out WTF the SDS Blade Change thing was about :lol:
bosch.jpg
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 19 years 3 months

Postby VERT on Mon 29/Oct/07 8:49am

Tama wrote: When I first read the title I thought you were talking about a completely different type of "Bosch Jigsaw" and was trying to work out WTF the SDS Blade Change thing was about :lol:

that would make a nice jigsaw
VERT
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby sooby on Mon 29/Oct/07 1:22pm

Halo24 wrote: Gotta picture of it with the blade in? do you have the guide wheel against the blade? should be just touching.

yeah the back of the blade touches the guide wheel fine, its just the front of the blade that angles away from being true & straight.

will take a pic with blade in when i get home.
sooby
"sofa king retarded"

Postby sooby on Mon 29/Oct/07 1:25pm

Tama wrote: When I first read the title I thought you were talking about a completely different type of "Bosch Jigsaw" and was trying to work out WTF the SDS Blade Change thing was about :lol:

ha ha! no - not quite the same, although if i could get my jisaw tool going I'd be able to start some carnage like in your painting!
sooby
"sofa king retarded"

Postby Halo24 on Mon 29/Oct/07 1:29pm

sooby wrote:
Halo24 wrote: Gotta picture of it with the blade in? do you have the guide wheel against the blade? should be just touching.

yeah the back of the blade touches the guide wheel fine, its just the front of the blade that angles away from being true & straight.

will take a pic with blade in when i get home.

Odd and the guide wheels not too far forward? i'll have to get mine out and take a picture of it for you... and maybe the jigsaw if I have time.
Halo24

Postby sooby on Mon 29/Oct/07 7:16pm

Hey halo,

heres another pic showing how the blade sits slightly tilting to the left.

I'm not sure I am loading the blade right or if the problem is the jigsaw. From what I read, the blade just inserts all the way into the sleeve without touching the red blade release tab.

I'm a little worried that having a crooked blade would strain an already old motor.

Have a look & let me know what you think

Cheers
jigsaw blade 2.jpg
jigsaw blade 2
sooby
"sofa king retarded"

Postby Halo24 on Mon 29/Oct/07 8:20pm

Crap pic from my phone, but you can see the place you insert the blade is straight, looks like something has twisted in yours, it may be fixable if it can be pulled apart.
Image145.jpg
Halo24

Postby sooby on Mon 29/Oct/07 8:32pm

Halo24 wrote: Crap pic from my phone, but you can see the place you insert the blade is straight, looks like something has twisted in yours, it may be fixable if it can be pulled apart.
Thanks a bunch Halo24,

Finally know that I was doing everything right & the jigsaw is at fault.

mucho gracious amigo!
sooby
"sofa king retarded"

Sifting - Latest Posts