Calendar Event: November 4, 2007

UB: Wellington Bike The Bays

Postby Leanne on Tue 23/Oct/07 10:07am

Bike the Bays, Wellingtons favourite family ride is back!

And will run this summer on Sunday 4 November 2007 as part of Wellington City Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council's Cycle into Summer Programme!

There will be three options, all leaving from Frank Kitts Park, 4km, 13km and 32km loop.

At the last Bike the Bays we had a massive 1800 people who took in wellingtons stunning coastline as the biked around the course. Dont miss your opportunity to be part of the fun. The rides start at Frank Kitts Park Esplanade and goes around the bays to either Waitangi Park (4km return, 11.00am start) or Evans Bay (13km return, 10.30am start) or the 32km loop around Miramar Peninsular, arriving back at Frank Kitts Park (10.00am start).

The 4km ride is fully secure with marshals and riders can stay on the shared path. The Evans Bay to Miramar loop has directional staff and water stations. You choose which route you want to ride. There are no road closures and riders need to obey road rules at all times.

The rides will be followed by a picnic in Frank Kitts Park with live bands, give aways, food stalls and much more. Prizes include bikes and bike accessories. Bring lunch for the picnic afterwards (from 11.30) or to have on the ride, plenty of water and a helmet. You must have a helmet to participate.

Go to www.feelinggreat.co.nz to register
Map for Web-2.jpg
Leanne
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby psychavoc on Mon 29/Oct/07 9:20pm

Nice :) Hope we get good weather for it! :thumbsup:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby sifter on Mon 29/Oct/07 9:23pm

Katy and I registered last night! We're going to Kilbirnie Park and back. Katy will be on her 7sp Giant, and with any luck, I'll be on my singlespeed! :thumbsup:
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Cycling | Events | Mountain Biking | Urban + Park (MTB) - Latest Posts