Progress At The Scarface Mtb Tracks In Thames

Postby CaseyKing on Tue 28/Aug/07 8:10am

Yo, had the meeting with D.O.C up at Scarface in Thames yesterday. They were quite happy with what I proposed to do with the area. [Click for Location Map]

D.O.C are going to clean up the top of the road for us to create a parking spot and also put a fence and gate up at the start of the track to protect it from motorbikes and cars. No chainsaws or brushcutters are to be used on D.O.C land unless you have the required certificates. So I'm going to get a firewood merchant in to clear the area which shouldn't cost anything. But before that I have to knock in boundary pegs and plot them on a GPS so D.O.C knows the exact boundary.

The digging should be taking place during summer sometime. :D

Thanks, Casey...
CaseyKing
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Tama on Tue 28/Aug/07 8:11am

Yo Casey - where are they?
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby mtbboy666 on Tue 28/Aug/07 11:28am

sweet
casey keep us informed about dig days and when work is going to be done, tim and i are more than willing to help out
mtbboy666
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby CaseyKing on Tue 28/Aug/07 12:04pm

Up the back of thames behind the ambulance department. Nothing has been done yet, although there are a few original tracks. It's taken nearly 3 years of different people pushing for this and i've nearly finaly suceeded!!
CaseyKing
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby mtbboy666 on Tue 28/Aug/07 12:07pm

well done!! now let me do my school work........
mtbboy666
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Tama on Tue 28/Aug/07 12:49pm

CaseyKing wrote: Up the back of thames behind the ambulance department. Nothing has been done yet, although there are a few original tracks. It's taken nearly 3 years of different people pushing for this and i've nearly finaly suceeded!!
Around here: http://www.smaps.co.nz/nz/thames/thames ... rrace/212/ :eh:
Tama

Postby leeman on Tue 28/Aug/07 5:14pm

Tama wrote:
CaseyKing wrote: Up the back of thames behind the ambulance department. Nothing has been done yet, although there are a few original tracks. It's taken nearly 3 years of different people pushing for this and i've nearly finaly suceeded!!

Na its in between the gold mine and st johns. Up moanataiari Creek Rd :thumbsup:
leeman
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby leeman on Tue 28/Aug/07 5:18pm

Can i just go up and dig at scar face any time i want? :)
Ill clear the track too (not with a scrub bar or any thing) :p

Ill come up and help dig any time just let me know.
leeman

Postby Tama on Tue 28/Aug/07 5:18pm

leeman wrote:
Tama wrote:

Na its in between the gold mine and st johns. Up moanataiari Creek Rd :thumbsup:
Cheers =} http://www.smaps.co.nz/nz/thames/thames ... reek+road/
Tama

RE: Scarface Mtb Tracks

Postby leeman on Tue 28/Aug/07 5:22pm

CaseyKing wrote: Yo, had the meeting with D.O.C up at scarface yesterday. They were quite happy with what i proposed to do with the area. D.O.C are going to clean up the top of the road for us to create a parking spot and also put a fence and gate up at the start of the track to protect it from motorbikes and cars. No chainsaws or brushcutters are to be used on D.O.C land unless you have the required certificates. So i'm going to get a firewood merchant in to clear the area which should'nt cost anything. But before that i have to knock in boundry pegs and plot them on a GPS so D.O.C knows the exact boundry.
The digging should be taking place during summer sometime. :D
Thanks, Casey...

There are still those big step ups there, That huge drop, That wooden thing is there too but on a massive lean. I went on that downhill track that ends up at moanataiari thats still good :thumbsup: .

I need to go up and explore a bit more... :D
leeman

Postby NzO on Tue 28/Aug/07 5:24pm

That's the one :)

Good work and thanks heaps for pushing that Casey, something's finally set :thumbsup: Can't wait to get work up there started.
NzO
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Giantman on Tue 28/Aug/07 6:17pm

if you need hand casey cutting shit down give us a yell might be able to help as i am FITEC certified.
Giantman
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby AllyBallyBee on Wed 29/Aug/07 1:38pm

Casey has turned up at my work and says...

"sweet as Giantman. If we need your help it would be much appreciated. I was originally thinking of getting a firewood merchant in so they could take all the big logs and then push everything over the bank with a bulldozer.

"Another note to all you guys.... The track is going to be a properly designed track and jumps so lpease no random unauthorised digging. We need a set line to give a flowing rhythm."

Too hard to change usernames.
AllyBallyBee
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby leeman on Wed 29/Aug/07 5:40pm

AllyBallyBee wrote: Casey has turned up at my work and says...

"sweet as Giantman. If we need your help it would be much appreciated. I was originally thinking of getting a firewood merchant in so they could take all the big logs and then push everything over the bank with a bulldozer.

"Another note to all you guys.... The track is going to be a properly designed track and jumps so lpease no random unauthorised digging. We need a set line to give a flowing rhythm."

Ok thanks i wont build any new jumps in till i know where to build them. :D :thumbsup:
leeman

Postby Giantman on Wed 29/Aug/07 10:15pm

AllyBallyBee wrote: Casey has turned up at my work and says...

i dont know how the fire wood bisness is down there but here in aucks getting a fire wood merchant to do anything other then take the fire wood is next to impossible, what sort of timbers are standing there could be other ways of doin it
Giantman
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Coromandel | Cycling | New Zealand | News | Regions | Thames | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts