Louise Nicholas Pwns Bent Copper!

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 9/Aug/07 8:55pm

Finally!

Given that Dewar ran the investigations into her earlier complaint this casts serious doubt on the acquittals...
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

RE: Louise Nicholas Pwns Bent Copper!

Postby happybaboon on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:18pm

CrustyMTB wrote: Given that Dewar ran the investigations into her earlier complaint this casts serious doubt on the acquittals...

Rickards has been aquitted by a jury of his peers. Time to let it go - in the eyes of the law (and in my eyes) he didn't rape anybody. Innocent man.

Dewar has been convicted though, and I rezpekt that.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dented on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:22pm

Nah, open the thing up and retry those fuckers. The whole thing stinks, they are all as guilty as sin, and everyone knows it.
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

RE: Re: Louise Nicholas Pwns Bent Copper!

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:22pm

happybaboon wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote: Given that Dewar ran the investigations into her earlier complaint this casts serious doubt on the acquittals...

Rickards has been aquitted by a jury of his peers. Time to let it go - in the eyes of the law (and in my eyes) he didn't rape anybody. Innocent man.

Dewar has been convicted though, and I rezpekt that.

Nice edit. Strange how you were so quick to jump to Rickard's defence even though this thread wasn't about him.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

RE: Re: Re: Louise Nicholas Pwns Bent Copper!

Postby happybaboon on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:28pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Nice edit. Strange how you were so quick to jump to Rickard's defence even though this thread wasn't about him.

It kind of is about him, as the initial post says "this casts serious doubt on the acquittals". It's pointless to debate such points. Rickards & Co were tried and aquitted - they cannot be tried again, and deserve to get on with their lives and careers (or, as the case may be, prison sentences for other rapes).

As much as Dewars and other cops conduct is very questionable, so is Louise Nicholases' conduct in terms of the time taken to pursue her complaint through means other than the Police themselves.
happybaboon

Postby propster on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:31pm

Why would a bent copper rape a woman. and ugly one at that?
propster
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby musket on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:32pm

You mean her original complaint at the time Babs? and subsequent complaints? After being raped?
musket
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby happybaboon on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:36pm

Meh. I'm happy that no one was convicted for raping her, as I think that it would be ridiculous to convict someone 20 years after an alleged offense when there is no physical evidence or reliable witness testimony indicating that the offense even occured. I'll leave it at that.

I've no problem with Dewar being convicted though - I respect the New Zealand courts decisions.
happybaboon

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:44pm

happybaboon wrote: Meh. I'm happy that no one was convicted for raping her, as I think that it would be ridiculous to convict someone 20 years after an alleged offense when there is no physical evidence or reliable witness testimony indicating that the offense even occured. I'll leave it at that.

You don't think historical rape is something that deserves justice then? :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby happybaboon on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:48pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
happybaboon wrote: Meh. I'm happy that no one was convicted for raping her, as I think that it would be ridiculous to convict someone 20 years after an alleged offense when there is no physical evidence or reliable witness testimony indicating that the offense even occured. I'll leave it at that.

You don't think a trial by a jury of an accused peers, conducted by a trained and experienced judge, under a tried-and-true legal system counts as justice?

And, once more, I'll leave it at that.
happybaboon

Postby musket on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:49pm

Oops. Backpedal, backpedal!
musket

Postby Butch on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:50pm

Umm, inocent until proven guilty? :eh:
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby musket on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:55pm

happybaboon wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:

You don't think a trial by a jury of an accused peers, conducted by a trained and experienced judge, under a tried-and-true legal system counts as justice?

And, once more, I'll leave it at that.

There are serious doubts around the handling of that case Babs, you know that. The way the cases were separated and evidence withheld from juries at different trials does raise questions.

As for counting as Justice? Nope - only a result, attempting to achieve justice. I'm pretty sure O'J's acquittal diesn't qualify as justice either!
musket

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:58pm

I think Blabs is having trouble connecting the dots between the Dewar case and just why the Nichol's case became the historical case that he obliviously doesn't think was at all significant. I'll leave it at that (not really).
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby musket on Thu 9/Aug/07 9:59pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote: ... I'll leave it at that (not really).

:love:
musket

Sifting - Latest Posts