Postby Jono on Mon 7/Jan/02 6:48am

...riding in britain, because there are no hills, I would (after today) argue that you can get a good workout when there is enough mud around. Which happens to be pretty much anytime now...

Mike Mayne and I went out for a ride, and it can get a wee bit tiring with the front and rear wheels completely clogged up with sticky mud, which more than makes up for the lack of (real) hills - although, the hills we came across were sufficient to make things interesting.

In summary - it's not too cold, and it's not raining (yet). There are nice (non single-track, admittedly) tracks through lots of small woods, with small road sections joining them together. There are hills, although they aren't too big to make things tough at the end of a ride, and there aren't that many other punters out there (especially once you get into the trees).
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby mtbrat on Sat 20/May/06 8:16pm

:)
mtbrat
"HUUUGE Tracts of land"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby mikey on Sat 20/May/06 8:20pm

correct me if i am wrong, but you have just completed the most uber deep thread trawl to find this bad boy :lol:
mikey
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby mtbrat on Sat 20/May/06 8:22pm

I shall not correct you...

but it's a goody
mtbrat
"HUUUGE Tracts of land"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby sifter on Sat 20/May/06 8:22pm

yeah - that baffled me :D I was wondering why Jono was out riding in the UK mud when he should have been painting an outside handrail or something :p
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby fatty on Sat 20/May/06 8:43pm

eh?
fatty
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts