Cycling Events On Sky

Postby Tristan on Tue 3/Apr/07 9:25pm

With the Spring Classics underway I've got my eyes on Sky Watch for any cycling events.

I though I would start this thread so we can share the few events which are broadcast:

Tour of Qatar: Saturday April 7th, 3pm. ESPN....one hour of highlights.

Trust House Womans Tour. This is on a million times, a quick search for "cycling" on the sky website will bring up the times.

I had a look for Paris Roubaix, but to no avail :-(
Tristan
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Tristan on Tue 10/Apr/07 8:25am

Trust House Womans Tour

6pm - 7pm, Tuesday April 10th, Sky Sport 2

This is the first of many screenings of the Womans Tour. There was some very good racing...watch for the US-based Cheerwine team and their dashingly-handsome mechanic, and look out for some guy working for the NZ team called Oli who sometimes posts here :cool:
Tristan

Postby Oli on Tue 10/Apr/07 9:39am

Cheers, Tristan! Thanks for the heads up, you dashingly handsome mechanic you. :)
Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Tristan on Sat 28/Apr/07 10:00am

Good news from Brian on mountainbike.co.nz, Paris-Nice and Paris-Roubaix will be shown!!

http://www.mountainbike.co.nz/forum/rea ... =239&t=226

Please send a 'thank you' email to notifications@skytv.co.nz

The more positive emails they get about cycling events the more likely they are to show them!!
Tristan

Postby dhr001 on Fri 11/May/07 3:38pm

No coverage of the Giro, despite 3 kiwi riders being in it.?
:-(

Go guys!!
dhr001
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby sifter on Wed 7/May/08 10:55am

This thread (as one of many on this topic) might have to do...

TINELI RAINBOW RAGE

ON SKY TV

DATE TIME CHANNEL

6/05/2008 21:30 SKY Sport 1

7/05/2008 19:00 SKY Sport 2

8/05/2008 06:00 SKY Sport 2

9/05/2008 16:30 SKY Sport 2

The 2008 Tineli Rainbow Rage will be shown on SKY Sport 1 and 2 this week. A 30 minute show will be broadcast showing the highlights of the journey of the 850 riders from St Arnaud to Han­mer. The show will air at the following times.
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Joel on Wed 7/May/08 12:06pm

watched that coverage last nite.. bored to tears! so the rage is 4wd track all the way??
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby way_downsouth on Wed 7/May/08 12:16pm

:pmob: I watched it as well (and got bored)

The Rage is pretty good 4wd track most of the way (I think a 2wd could do most of it). It is still a good challenge and the scenery is better by bike.

But what difference is that to road riding?
way_downsouth
"Average at best"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Beeker on Wed 7/May/08 12:23pm

:pmob: Same! Should have gone & got tattoed after all. Yep what you saw is it. 106km of corrugations & pot-hole dodging. St Arnaud end thru' the beech forest is stunning. After island saddle the ride is forgetable. A good challenge & one to tick the box on. But i wouldn't line up year after year for it.
Beeker
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby way_downsouth on Wed 7/May/08 12:27pm

:pmob: I am hoping to go back and do it again sometime. Last time I did it was when I had just got my first mountain bike and don't think I had ridden more than 30Km in one go on it. I hurt really bad afterwards.

It would be much easier now.
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby Joel on Wed 7/May/08 12:34pm

way_downsouth wrote: :pmob: I watched it as well (and got bored)

The Rage is pretty good 4wd track most of the way (I think a 2wd could do most of it). It is still a good challenge and the scenery is better by bike.

But what difference is that to road riding?

difference would be the speed at which your travelling (i.e. no drafting), and the race tactics occuring. the rage seemed like a hundy odd km off-road ITT to me

the coverage missed when the attack occured to seperate the leaders.. and again given the relative lack of speed happening offroad, you don't see any real road racing tactics coming into play.
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby way_downsouth on Wed 7/May/08 12:43pm

:pmob: I understand that there is normally a bunch to Island Saddle, so isn't quite an ITT.

I know I sat in bunches when I did it (but that far back in the field it was for survival)
way_downsouth
"Average at best"

Postby wobbly01 on Wed 7/May/08 12:48pm

There's usually bunches after island saddle too. Do you know who won it this year? i can't be bothered looking up the site
wobbly01
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby kingkong7 on Wed 7/May/08 5:40pm

tim wilding. i attack at first creek it was just me rob and tim for ages tim and rob never saw any one else
kingkong7
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Fergie on Wed 7/May/08 6:41pm

Uh yeah, what fun.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts