Postby Dave_the_Slushy on Fri 25/May/07 1:33pm

Dazzle wrote: Return of the 80's. He-man and the Masters of the Universe is announced. And read those other titles...... if the Transformers movie does well this summer I suspect they will all be go movies.

As we reported, Justin Marks (upcoming VOLTRON and STREET FIGHTER) is writing, Joel Silver is producing and Warner Bros is distributing.

Oddly, the trade stories don't have much new information, just that (of course) He-Man hasn't been cast yet and that the pitch was selling it like a kiddie version of 300... which could be really bad.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32778

Bam and Brandon for beastman and skeletor!!

Seriously, I'm a bit worried about that He-Man movie. I could see it easily turning into seven different types of suck. Even more so Voltron, mostly because if they took the source material and made it into an epic sci-fi it COULD have more awesome than we could possibly imagine. The potential for both monumental failure and success is very high with both these movies.
Dave_the_Slushy
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Dazzle on Fri 25/May/07 11:20pm

The first He-man movie was not exactly the height of artistic endeavor. They pushed ahead with a sequel, but it fell apart before going before the cameras. The end result was some of the sets and fx were quickly reporposed for a script they already had on the shelf - Van Dammes "Cyborg".

Anyway - here is the trailer to the next Michael Moore movie. Looks like this one is going to win support from all ends of the political spectrum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH95s-gbH54
Dazzle
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby propster on Fri 25/May/07 11:22pm

ha ve you seen The Host yet?
propster
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Dazzle on Fri 25/May/07 11:30pm

If you are talking about the Korean movie - then yes - saw a pre release screening about a year ago. Its very good, but at the same festival I also saw 'Pans Labyrinth' which blew everything else out of the water.
Dazzle

Postby propster on Fri 25/May/07 11:35pm

Dazzle wrote: If you are talking about the Korean movie - then yes - saw a pre release screening about a year ago. Its very good, but at the same festival I also saw 'Pans Labyrinth' which blew everything else out of the water.

Ok i'm wanting to see the host.
propster
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Dazzle on Sat 26/May/07 11:11pm

Dazzle

Postby pissface on Wed 6/Jun/07 11:09pm

OK, I saw a movie tonight which was most definitely a Top Experience. "Metro Bollywood" at Regent on Manners.

Have to say: awesome date flick, especially if she has a sense of humour (or he, of course)
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Dazzle on Sat 23/Jun/07 12:02am

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808405878/video/3117170/

The latest Simpsons Movie trailer.

The posters are up here already - and I have to say they look damn fine.
Dazzle

Postby Dazzle on Sun 22/Jul/07 11:45am

Two points:

1) One of the COOLEST things ever - walking into a cinema, handing over the ticket and getting around the corner to be greated by the BEST. PROMOTIONAL. DISPLAY. EVER.

A full 3d, live size representation of the Simpsons family sitting on their sofa, with a space on the end where you could sit and get your picture taken with the family.

Those things are going to sell for a pretty penny on ebay to lonely middle aged losers to put in their basement fortress of solitudes.

2) Look at the picture, Name the movie. Bonus points if you can quote dialogue off the top of your head.
castle1.jpg
Dazzle

Postby Kyle on Sun 22/Jul/07 11:54am

"your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries" :eh: I'm pretty sure I'm wrong though.
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Dazzle on Sun 22/Jul/07 11:58am

Well done.

Now - name THIS movie. :)
caslte2.jpg
Dazzle

Postby Dazzle on Mon 23/Jul/07 9:25am

No takers for naming the second movie?
Dazzle

Postby Kyle on Mon 23/Jul/07 9:41am

Vaguely not quite random shots in the dark...
First Knight, Willow or Merlin.

Give us a clue, like a screenshot from the movie or something.
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Dazzle on Mon 23/Jul/07 10:35am

Perhaps it will be more recognizable from this angle.

Name the movie:
castle3.jpg
Dazzle

Postby Jono on Mon 23/Jul/07 11:00am

I think that it was used for an episode of the new avengers - the one with the best beginning ever - secret nazi fly-fisherman (with poisoned hooks - they had apparently run out of bullets) chasing after a british agent.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Movies | Sifting - Latest Posts