Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Kiwicyclo on Tue 22/Feb/11 8:32pm

Ride out to the Tuesday night race, race and then ride home. 52 km and 1 hour 40 mnutes

Race was a goodie, 5 km flat and fst section then a hill climb of a couple of km's, fast and down hill for 10 km or so then return.

Scratch came through from 23 minutes 15 second handicap to take the win.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/69563412
Kiwicyclo
"Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded."
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby istepinyards on Wed 23/Feb/11 8:32pm

I have not been riding much lately, Sifter's new bike gave me a bit of inspiration so I went for a wee spin.
Picture 080.jpg
Picture day 1.jpg
My Peter at the top of my driveway ready to roll
Picture day 2.jpg
Home is way, way over the escarpment. 50 odd kms away
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby happybaboon on Wed 23/Feb/11 8:33pm

Your bike is called Peter...? :blink:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby istepinyards on Wed 23/Feb/11 8:49pm

It's a LaPierre X-Lite Ultimate. 6.6kgs as you see it

So its a Peter, not Peter as such
istepinyards

Postby Oli on Wed 23/Feb/11 9:22pm

Just heard on FB that the Wednesday night bunch ride around Whitemans Valley get driven into by a driver who failed to give way on a one lane bridge. One rider hospitalised. :(

The driver was being spoken to by the Police.
Last edited by Oli on Wed 23/Feb/11 9:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oli
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby JohnDH on Wed 23/Feb/11 9:27pm

Oli wrote:Just heard on FB that the Wednesday night bunch ride around Whitemans Valley get driven into by a driver who failed to give way on a one lane bridge. One rider hospitalised. :(

:(
Last edited by JohnDH on Thu 24/Feb/11 9:15am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDH
"Undulating"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby fatwombat on Wed 23/Feb/11 9:46pm

istepinyards wrote:It's a LaPierre X-Lite Ultimate. 6.6kgs as you see it. So its a Peter, not Peter as such

Interesting looking seat profile - is that a Selle SMP "prostate" saddle - i.e. with the the hollow space in the middle?
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby istepinyards on Wed 23/Feb/11 9:52pm

fatwombat wrote:
istepinyards wrote:It's a LaPierre X-Lite Ultimate. 6.6kgs as you see it. So its a Peter, not Peter as such

Interesting looking seat profile - is that a Selle SMP "prostate" saddle - i.e. with the the hollow space in the middle?
Its the Selle SMP Dynamic and it has the hollow space and its the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned. I thought I would never get off my FIZIK Pave CX.

Musket got me riding them and my mangarden has thanked me :love:
istepinyards

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 24/Feb/11 2:16pm

Oli wrote:Just heard on FB that the Wednesday night bunch ride around Whitemans Valley get driven into by a driver who failed to give way on a one lane bridge. One rider hospitalised. :(

WTF??? hope it's not bad. That whole scenario just sucks.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 24/Feb/11 2:25pm

hooray! got a ride in this morning. State were dragging feet over my insurance claim (even though the drivers insurance will be paying out!) and States claim centre is in Chch and is now closed. so not expecting to hear from them for a wee while at least. I do hope they are all ok, as I have spoken to over half a dozen of them in the last week and a half!

so borrowed a bike off my training partner, a Giant scr 2 with tiagra groupset, bit small for me, took off the mudguards and added my spd pedals off my mtb and off we went. Beautiful morning, bit of a headwind along sh2, felt great!

Garmin was in the back pocket with no cadence/speed sensor: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/69789741

pretty sure autopause wasn't working and got stopped at several sets of lights, so maybe a 2:05, which is pretty good
Klarkash-ton

Postby LycraLarry on Thu 24/Feb/11 9:49pm

I rode through there a week or so ago and got abused by the locals......they hate anyone cycling through "their" valley, even my friends of over 20 years who I was going to visit laid into me!
LycraLarry
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby nzmatto on Fri 25/Feb/11 7:24am

After over a week off I finally got back on the bike this morning. Wind assisted 53km commute and amazingly my first ever ride down the Ngauranga gorge on a road bike. Been up it lots of times, but never down before. 1:40 avg 31.8 which I'm pretty pleased with.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."

Postby Joel on Fri 25/Feb/11 8:33am

thats strange about whitemans valley, never had an issue riding through there.. i do always make a point of giving the locals a wave though.
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 25/Feb/11 10:34am

nzmatto wrote:After over a week off I finally got back on the bike this morning. Wind assisted 53km commute and amazingly my first ever ride down the Ngauranga gorge on a road bike. Been up it lots of times, but never down before. 1:40 avg 31.8 which I'm pretty pleased with.

came in this morning over akas, you want to go back that way with me? should be fairly relaxed as legs are knackered. Thought a week and a half off would have replenished glycogen et al. but instead I am buggered!
Klarkash-ton

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 25/Feb/11 10:38am

Joel wrote:thats strange about whitemans valley, never had an issue riding through there.. i do always make a point of giving the locals a wave though.

There's a red commodore ute that has failed to give way to me twice on the one lane bridges on the akas. both times we were approaching at the same time and I guess he thought I would take too long.
Klarkash-ton

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts