Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby BianchiBoy on Wed 25/Aug/10 11:40am

Yep, go hard or go home unless you're recovering seems to be his motto.
BianchiBoy
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Fergie on Wed 25/Aug/10 11:59am

I was working hard for 1min 48sec yesterday, the rest was easy but still had an IF of .8 for the ride (80% of 60min power or FTP) for the ride. Will be a light ride today, will go out and watch my riders at the Litolff Cup Schools TTT. Big battle between Boys High and Christ's College.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Wed 25/Aug/10 12:58pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:Caught up with MattO at the bottom of paekak hill. Snuck up on him and slashed his tire, then said hello. he stopped to fix his tire but I didn't hang around as he said he was ok.

Was having a nice cruisy ride listening away to the mp3 player, just starting up paekak hill when some bugger snuck up from behind and slashed my tire. Stopped to fix it, sending him on his way. :thumbsup: Proceeded to the top of the hill and was presented with fantasic views up to Ruapehu and could just make out Taranaki behind Kapiti Island. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Carried on down through the valley. Had intended to go around the hills between Whitby and Porirua but with being late from the puncture thought better of it and went around Grays rd. By the boatshed I looked over and sat the track.....hmmmm...I wondered....so i took that track :crazy: won't do that again on the roadie, but was nice nonetheless. Tottled on down to work feeling really really good. I didn't push myself at all, just a nice relaxing ride.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Wed 25/Aug/10 1:13pm

was a stunning sunrise, i was glad i didn't have a camera as I would have stopped and taken photos for ages!
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"

Postby nzmatto on Wed 25/Aug/10 1:17pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:was a stunning sunrise, i was glad i didn't have a camera as I would have stopped and taken photos for ages!

I did :thumbsup: Will have a look once I'm home tonight to see if there's any worth posting. :) but I took probably about 30 shots on the little whipper-snapper
nzmatto

Postby Oli on Wed 25/Aug/10 5:21pm

Around the Bays then up to Revolution Bicycles for a coffee. What a gorgeous day in Welli. :)
Pic_0825_402.jpg
Pic_0825_397.jpg
Oli
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby nzmatto on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:25pm

Nothing really outstanding, but here's some shots from this morning's commute:
August 039.jpg

The sun comes up over the hill all welly riders love so much.
August 045.jpg

Kapiti Island.
August 049.jpg

Paraparaumu (home) is out on this pointy bit. Behind it you can just make out the light on Mt Ruapehu.
August 051.jpg

Another shot - zoomed right out.
Paraparaumu is out on this pointy bit. Behind it you can just make out the light on Mt Ruapehu. (again)
August 053.jpg

Zoomed in as far as this camera would sensibly allow.
I would really love to be up here with my good camera when Ruapehu was visible, however this was only the second time I have even seen it, let alone happen to be there with a camera. Pity the shots weren't better but I hope you get an idea of why I love this road so much. :thumbsup:
August 052.jpg
nzmatto

Postby nzmatto on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:27pm

gahhh....loks like the pics and text got a bit mixorred up but I CBF fixxoring it. You get the idea. :)
nzmatto

Postby Oli on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:27pm

Ruapehu? Isn't that Egmont? :eh:
Oli

Postby nzmatto on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:28pm

I knew someone would say that. Take a closer look at the shape! I'll go find my shot of Egmont from there, and really surprise you....
nzmatto

Postby fatwombat on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:38pm

:)
pakeak-ruapehu line of sight.jpg
fatwombat
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Oli on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:45pm

Well I never did! I had no idea you could see Ruapehu from up thurr - my bad! :o

Fatwombat. :)
Oli

Postby Fergie on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:54pm

Hmmmmm obviously no one prayed hard enough to the Sun God in Canterbury and it has buggered off to Southland apparently.

Froze out at Prebbleton watching the Schools TTT champs and then rode back to town with one of my up and coming juniors schooling him up for the upcoming SI Junior Events.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Wed 25/Aug/10 6:55pm

and now....the promised surprise for Oli. :) :) :)

To see Taranaki / Egmont from the to of Paekak I too thought you'd look pretty much over Param....until...WTF....what the hell is that behind Kapiti??? No, it couldn't be....well...what the hell else could it be....I'd better get a photo of that just in case it is.

That was pretty much my thought processes anyway. :thumbsup:
may07 057.JPG

may07 070.JPG

That was late one afternoon and within minutes afterwards I remember the sun disappeared and it got really friggen cold really friggen quickly.
nzmatto

Postby Oli on Wed 25/Aug/10 7:00pm

My sense of direction is all screwy! Awesome pics Matt - cheers. :thumbsup:
Oli

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts