Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Lynskey on Wed 23/Jun/10 1:02pm

Turbine. Wrights. Makara loop.
Lynskey
User avatar
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby musket on Thu 24/Jun/10 5:21am

A very hilly 120km from Chianti over in to Valdarno and back, crossing the range that divides the two at different points along the way. 4.15 on the bike, and by the end it was clear there's a little fitting work still to do. I'll be seeing a podiatrist on my return!

Perfect Tuscan day - fine, warm, but not crazy hot.
musket
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Thu 24/Jun/10 10:04am

musket wrote:A very hilly 120km from Chianti over in to Valdarno and back, crossing the range that divides the two at different points along the way. 4.15 on the bike, and by the end it was clear there's a little fitting work still to do. I'll be seeing a podiatrist on my return!

Perfect Tuscan day - fine, warm, but not crazy hot.


:cry: You're playing with our minds....that ride sounds too good....
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby musket on Sat 26/Jun/10 6:26am

A sifty sift for a few hours around Chianti today.

on the road.jpg
Good roads.


Hot, still and perfect. From home up to Monte San Savino for coffee and cobbled riding fun

coffee1.jpg
Ah yes.


then down and the long way around for an hour to rock up to an old castle,

castello montecchio far.jpg
Somewhere to explore. Egidio looms at a hearty 1000m just behind. Not heading up there again today.


before poping further up to Castiglione Fioretino (and it's 15% access road, that happens to be badly cobbled).

15percent C Fno entry.jpg


Back home via coffee and a custy square.

custy delivery.jpg


Minta. I'm starting to actually find some form.
musket
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Joel on Sat 26/Jun/10 7:53am

i love custard squares
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby musket on Sat 26/Jun/10 8:03am

Actually, was cone shaped. Makes lots more sense than a square, I reckon...
musket
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Oli on Sat 26/Jun/10 10:54am

Wicked bro, the weather looks almost as good as here... :crazy:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby MTBChick on Sat 26/Jun/10 12:51pm

musket wrote:A sifty sift for a few hours around Chianti today.

Mate - you have the life! Drinking coffee and riding in Italy = :love: ..
MTBChick
User avatar
"Learning from the big kids"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby happybaboon on Sat 26/Jun/10 12:53pm

I must be the only Wellingtonian happyish with the weather. Had plans to be doing plenty 'o riding this weekend, and then borked a wheel yesterday. So I'm kinda glad it's not sunny and nice outside :D
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 19 years 1 month

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Klarkash-ton on Sat 26/Jun/10 10:09pm

musket wrote:Actually, was cone shaped. Makes lots more sense than a square, I reckon...


what do they call custard there?

what do they call the NZ football team??
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 26/Jun/10 10:13pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:
musket wrote:Actually, was cone shaped. Makes lots more sense than a square, I reckon...


what do they call custard there?

what do they call the NZ football team??


I wouldn't want to be wearing NZ kit there or calling anybody Mate for a few weeks :exclaim:
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby musket on Sat 26/Jun/10 10:21pm

Well, until you've actually ridden for a national squad (a legit one) you shouldn't be wearing national kit anyway. You earn it.

They like the kiwis here, and I've been to the pub / cafe for a couple games etc. There's some joking, but that's all. Actually, after we drew with them, I got bought a great deal of drinks by the locals.
musket
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Klarkash-ton on Sat 26/Jun/10 11:06pm

heh, locals are always better than us sad internet folk :)
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby musket on Sun 27/Jun/10 8:43am

Custard is Crema.

I went out with a swedish girl for a couple years. She never ate custard when I asked her, only to see me eating some after a year. She said "I want that! What do you call it?" I told her. She thought I'd been saying "mustard" the whole time and couldn't understand why you'd eat it after dinner.
musket
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 27/Jun/10 6:23pm

musket wrote:Custard is Crema.

I went out with a swedish girl for a couple years. She never ate custard when I asked her, only to see me eating some after a year. She said "I want that! What do you call it?" I told her. She thought I'd been saying "mustard" the whole time and couldn't understand why you'd eat it after dinner.


:crazy: Like eating 'after dinner mince' ?!
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts

Who is online

87 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 86 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles