Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Thu 6/May/10 4:53pm

Ahad wrote:
murphyflair wrote:Took my new bike (Scott CR1 Team) out for its first ride today. Full Carbon is amazing. So comfortable and responsive. Just did short bays. The climb to sok was a bit of a learning curve as previously I had only ridden it with a compact crank, so the standard crank along with not riding for a week and a half, really hurt :( The bike is awesome on the descents. Got a puncture in Lyttelton which wasn't that much fun and meant that I was riding in the dark for the last 5 or so kilometres.

Was using a heart rate monitor and it was giving weird readings at the start. As in my heart rate going up to 235 on the flat. Is this a normal thing to happen?

Sweet! Sounds like you got a bit of an upgrade! :thumbsup: Yeah I like their geometry.

Often HR monitors take a bit of time to warm up and read properly. Bit of sweat always helps the contacts. Mine wasn't picking up my beat's this am probably cause it was cold. I put new batteries in a week ago so can't be that? Working fine now since its warmed up, which isn't much use as I've finished my ride now... :hmmm:

HR contacts - I used to given mine a quick lick of the contacts as I put it on. You should've heard it purrr ;)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby vaughanf on Fri 7/May/10 8:01pm

Decided to punish myself for putting on so much weight in the last couple of months. Heaps of climbing over a fairly short ride. Took bloody ages too, but damn Dunedin has some incredible scenery out on the peninsulas!

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/new-zealand/dunedin/311127321552475117
vaughanf
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby nzmatto on Fri 7/May/10 8:13pm

Boring ole commute on the Trek today. Was 3 of us heading in to the office all from Paraparaumu. It turned into a race at the end, jst when I got out of my saddle on the last hill to push it even more I had nothing left.....quick check on the screen says HR @ 98%....I think I know my limit now. I still beat them though.

Coming home was a vastly different story with me solidly beaten by both the wind, and one of the other riders. Still great to have sore legs and know that I have pushed myself.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 8/May/10 8:26am

Gearing up for a big roadie adventure today....my tiny 8 year old girl wants to ride to grandma's.....That's a whole 15km with a coffee / icecream stop on the way. Have to watch out for the big bad wolf.
nzmatto

Postby Joel on Sat 8/May/10 9:35am

crap. told by nurse that i will be off bike till at least wednesday, allready been off bike since nationals race last saturday. i was due for break though.
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Oli on Sat 8/May/10 10:11am

Swollen testes? :(
Oli
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby SlackBoy on Sat 8/May/10 10:14am

hemaroids? :butbut:
SlackBoy
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby scatter on Sat 8/May/10 10:54am

Got out on my roadie for the second time this week :0 Some spazz has gone and entered herself in a XC race in 4 weeks time :huh:

Just a quick blast out over the Downs and home. Some little shitbag was sitting on the side of Glovers Road throwing stones at cyclists and cars :hmmm:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 8/May/10 12:07pm

:) I finally got out for a ride today – my sore back has gone and I’m mostly over my cold.
It’s my first ride since the 28th :(

I rode from the shop with the fast group – when I say ‘group’ there were two of us :rolleyes:
Mike and I had a really good ride and he’s a nice guy to chat with too so it was win/win :D
I was still able to beat him up the hills (with my chest feeling less than the best and my belly full of ‘comfort’ food from the last few sick days) and then sit on his wheel on some of the flats.
Good to see a good number of other riders out.

56kms

My wife said I don’t have to bring her breakfast in bed tomorrow afterall so I’ll ride with the group tomorrow and see how long I can keep up for.
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby Joel on Sat 8/May/10 12:29pm

Oli wrote:Swollen testes? :(

SlackBoy wrote:hemaroids? :butbut:

:paranoid:
bull.h31.jpg
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 8/May/10 12:31pm

Joel wrote:
Oli wrote:Swollen testes? :(

SlackBoy wrote:hemaroids? :butbut:

:paranoid:

I’d heard on the News there was a current drop in the South Island… ;)
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby its that guy on Sat 8/May/10 2:10pm

I went from lower hutt and round the bays and then up to the wind turbine and back home :)
It was a bit over cast and the wind was a bit to strong for my liking but it was still a good ride :D
its that guy
"Lurkin"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby CrashTestDummy on Sat 8/May/10 6:35pm

Penninsula Ride today - up Centre Road, down to Portobello, then back to town, and a grovel up the hill home. While chilly, sun was shiny and calm. Magnificent, and can see why rated so highly.

I still find roadies an unfriendly lot though (gross generalisation of course0.
CrashTestDummy
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby rmare on Sat 8/May/10 7:17pm

Got up early and did the Apiti loop this morning 115km. Nice watching the sunrise. A few roadies out, going the other direction around PVE rd.
rmare
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 8/May/10 7:35pm

So many cyclists out this arvo!!! Lucy (8) and I did the bike to Grandmas place. The big bad wolf left us alone. She's stoked at having completed the 14.5km and is nearly asleep now :) It's pretty cool having a shop just at the half way mark for an ice block too. ;) :)
nzmatto

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts