Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Joel on Fri 30/Oct/09 1:29pm

good thrash around the bays with thingone at lunch, bit windy in places but nice day :thumbsup:
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby ThingOne on Fri 30/Oct/09 4:02pm

Joel wrote:good thrash around the bays with thingone at lunch, bit windy in places but nice day :thumbsup:

Thanks for the lift.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 30/Oct/09 8:40pm

since i worked so hard into the wind this morning i thought i'd catch the southerly home as well. wellie to waikane via akas, for 145 km for the day. 630km for the week! record for me :)
Last edited by Klarkash-ton on Fri 30/Oct/09 8:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby disoriented on Fri 30/Oct/09 8:44pm

Joel wrote:good thrash around the bays with thingone at lunch, bit windy in places but nice day :thumbsup:

I thought you would of pissed off early once that fire alarm went off and got a few extra miles in :satan:
disoriented
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 30/Oct/09 8:46pm

shit, just realised I left my wallet in my suit jacket at work...have to drive back to work :(
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"

Postby Joel on Fri 30/Oct/09 8:48pm

disoriented wrote:

I thought you would of pissed off early once that fire alarm went off and got a few extra miles in :satan:

good call! but instead went to collect the race bike from oli's loving care :D
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby disoriented on Fri 30/Oct/09 8:57pm

Managed to borrow my dads S80 rear wheel last night and went for a ride up horokiwi, korokoro, then along the hills to belmont, turned around came back thru normdale petone and up old porirua.

Got to say for a budget race/tt wheel the S80 is really nice! I found it really smooth and not jarry as people say about deep rimed wheels. Very fast except when the road went up when it just became a lead weight. Being just the rear as well wasn't blown around much in the southerly. Not sure what it would be like with the front one on but I would highly recommend them.
disoriented
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby nzmatto on Fri 30/Oct/09 9:21pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:shit, just realised I left my wallet in my suit jacket at work...have to drive back to work :(

If you ride it instead you'll end up with more k's in the week than I've done in the month!
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."

Postby briiii on Fri 30/Oct/09 10:40pm

Did about 50kms from my house in Birkenhead up through Albany and out through Riverhead then back past Greenhithe. First ride after my bike fit and with my new shoes (they're purty). Felt pretty good. May still need some more adjustment if I'm to survive Taupo. Was a nice evening for a ride though. Beautiful sunset!
briiii
"I'm a bikesexual"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby nzmatto on Sat 31/Oct/09 11:30am

Put in my couple of hours this morning riding around flat local roads. It is hard work when you have to ride on roads like this. :)
oct09 002.JPG

Another quiet road
oct09 005.JPG

The view to the side
oct09 008.JPG

I don't know how I manage to stay motivated to ride on roads like this. I love the way the tree's form an entire archway across the road. This is the road up to Otaki Forks.

Lovely morning to be out for a ride, but I am tired, so I was glad that this was only to be a 2 hour spin on the flat. 65km taking me to 750km for the month. This is a good month for me.
nzmatto

Postby tylersdad on Sat 31/Oct/09 12:12pm

75km over Paekak (before they closed it) down to Paekak, up thru Pukerua Bay, right into Airlee (i wasn't expecting the uphill in there!!!!) out at Plimmerton, back home through Porirua Tawa etc.
avg spd 21.2km so not too bad for me considering the hill climbing and the incessant wind.

i quite enjoyed Paekak this time by myself. the time seemed to whizz by as did the k's so before i knew it i was at the summit.
no one told me about that water drain 2/3rds of the way down on Paekak side - crikey, i nearly went arse over.
hopefully i'll be able to get out early sunday morning too for a quick jaunt over to Makara and up Boomrock - then home for brekfast. Should be quiet with everyone else doing T de W.

now for lunch, and then the lawns........

ps. sorry, i can't provide pics like Matt can.
tylersdad
"Meh !!!!"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby nzmatto on Sat 31/Oct/09 1:56pm

tylersdad wrote:now for lunch, and then the lawns........

snap. I just had lunch and did the lawns....
nzmatto

Postby Fergie on Sat 31/Oct/09 4:20pm

Out to Eyreton and back to watch the road race. Traffic along Marshlands Road was diabolical. Creeping as per usual.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby tylersdad on Sat 31/Oct/09 5:52pm

nzmatto wrote:
tylersdad wrote:now for lunch, and then the lawns........

snap. I just had lunch and did the lawns....

i see your lunch and lawns,
and raise you....

3 loads of washing, cooking dinner, and....cleaning up where the cat was sick.......
tylersdad
"Meh !!!!"
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby znomit on Sat 31/Oct/09 6:48pm

Road up to taihape today via rangawahia. 230km in just over 9 hrs.
Got the bike in enduro mode with behind the seat bottle holder and handlebar bag, which rattled for 9hrs and 9 minutes... especially annoying since all I used out of it was gloves and sunscreen. Pretty cold out, the arm warmers stayed on all day.

Nice coffee in mangaweka. Spent about 40 minutes off the bike all up.
znomit
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts