Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby chchbob on Fri 20/Feb/09 7:36am

nzmatto wrote:Wahoo.....I just went out and did my personal 50km TT course (From the bottom of Maungaraki on SH2 to about 1km past harcourt park on Akatarawa Rd and back - turn around where the bus turning point is). anyway, I went out with the plan to attempt to beat my PB of 99.9 minutes. I did it!!! :D :D :D new PB 96 minutes flat, average 31.45kph.

I am pretty pleased with this effort. Looks like its going to be a ride-less day tomorrow. 10 days to go for ridewise month and I have clocked up 350km so far, which I am also pretty pleased with.....unfortunately nowhere near the top of my org though....one gal has done well over 1000k already!!!

Hey so you found that missing mojo then Matt .... :) :) :)
chchbob
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby nzmatto on Fri 20/Feb/09 8:13am

Yup, but my legs are shot this morning. I guess I shoulda done a warm down, or maybe even a few stretches afterwards.....oooppps.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby chchbob on Fri 20/Feb/09 8:20am

You may have sore legs, but I am betting you are stoked having knocked that much off your PB time and bet that you have your enthusium back .... :)
chchbob

Postby nzmatto on Fri 20/Feb/09 8:31am

This is true. It is a good feeling.
nzmatto

Postby ThingOne on Fri 20/Feb/09 3:01pm

Lap around the bays doing some threshold work Joel set me, good session.
Great fun splashing through the puddles/lakes.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Tugboat on Sat 21/Feb/09 12:41am

You mad things going out in that rain!! :lol:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Fergie on Sat 21/Feb/09 3:39pm

Easy cruise with Scott McDonnell out to Sumner with a few accelerations. After some pus days it was good to see the sun. Then jumped on the rollers with the track bike to work on a bit of leg speed. Sweating so much went blind through one effort. Looks like it will be a good day for the Benchmark Homes race tomorrow. Go Gordy!!!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Spyder on Sat 21/Feb/09 4:37pm

Detox ride out to Sumner this afternoon after quite a good party last night. Wasn't expecting the weather to clear, but was really quite warm.
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby specializedman on Sat 21/Feb/09 5:26pm

Done 125km around Morrinsville including Scotsman's valley road and Tahuroa rd (went through just before the REV riders did so everyone thought I was winning the REV!)Pissed down with rain as I was heading through town and I saw the ambo's take off with sirens screaming in the direction that the REV riders would be... :crazy:

Done 10km (mostly flat) TT, avg 40km/h which was fine considering the mileage...

Mum overtook me in the van at the 120km point and motor paced me home at 45km/h and I still managed to pull out and sprint past the van just before it was time to slow down and warm down.

Hope I'm not to cunzored for 100km or so tomorrow.
specializedman
"I am a very biking boy."

Postby Weevil on Sat 21/Feb/09 6:08pm

Did about 15 kms only in pelting rain and 5 degree heat. Woulda stayed out for 70kms but I really gotta find some waterproof shoe covers if such a thing exists as soaking wet shoes is the sole reason I had such a short ride today.
Weevil
"Spills for thrills baby!"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Ahad on Sun 22/Feb/09 12:12am

Really enjoyed my ride today except for Anzac Drive. Got dropped off in town, then the sun came out, and cruised over to QE11 down Anzac drive. But those cycle lanes are so "stop/start". Every intersection you have to stop and give way to everyone, and go through those stupid pathways with the red metal "rests" or whatever they are, to cross each and every intersecting road. Was cruising along at about 35kph with a tailwind and there was a green light up ahead at Wainoni Rd with cars ready to turn in . If I was on the road they would have seen me, and treated me like a normal rd user and given way, but because I was off and down to the side on the stupid "cycle lane death traps" ( basically out of sight), it suddenly became apparent to me that this green light doesn't really apply to cyclists, and at the last minute it was slam on the brakes time. Lucky I did as the car had already started turning and would have taken me out. Felt like a total 2nd-class road user!! No way am I going that way again.

Anyway really nice to cruise up Dyers for a change, not worry about time, and enjoy the views on the way home. :thumbsup:
Ahad
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby danose on Sun 22/Feb/09 8:46am

Ahad wrote:Really enjoyed my ride today except for Anzac Drive. Got dropped off in town, then the sun came out, and cruised over to QE11 down Anzac drive. But those cycle lanes are so "stop/start".

you do realise you have a legal right to ignore those cycle lanes and just use the road (thanks to the 2004 act ammendments), since they're clearly 'unsafe'
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby rochie on Sun 22/Feb/09 12:35pm

Did the whole fishbone! Epic ride. Perfect weather.
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/new-zeala ... 0593195055
2628m of climbing in 115km according to map my ride.
Fullscreen capture 22022009 121342 p.m..bmp.jpg
rochie
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby nzmatto on Sun 22/Feb/09 3:08pm

Just when I was thinking of posting my 130k between yesterday and today with about 1000m (I think) of climbing...suddenly it feels small!!
nzmatto

Postby nzmatto on Sun 22/Feb/09 3:33pm

What the heck....here you go. Two of us rode up to Kapiti via the Aka's on Saturday afternoon, then Flynnster came up and joined with us the morning for the ride back. Much w00t to him for doing the whole KCC circuit today! The trip back saw me going up Paekak on the steep side for the first time, and it was surprisingly easier than I thought. I mean it was hard, but it only took 13 minutes to get to the top which was shorter than I thought it would be.
The hardest part of the ride for me was the final slog up the Maungaraki Hill to home. I decided to go the shortest, most direct route up Dowse Drive...clearly I was not thinking too straight after the previous hills.
So, all up about 126.5k according to mapmyride, 1237 vertical, but this was over two days.
nzmatto

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts