Re: Roadies - Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby Oli on Fri 6/Feb/09 4:07pm

danose wrote:
Lozz wrote:it was a white toyota station wagon

number plate EAN817 if you see it take a shit on the bonnet or smash every light on it coz i sure as hell will if i see it

don't piss about - ring the cops and lodge a formal complaint (so they HAVE to follow it up) - do it before the inbred moron kills some other cyclist

Hell yes. If you don't follow it up the next guy might not be so lucky...
Oli
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Neub on Fri 6/Feb/09 4:16pm

It has to be reported that Brent Harris met us at Little River this morning at 8am after riding from Cheviot, leaving at 2:15am to be on time . He then hammered Hilltop - Summit Road, enjoyed coffee with the rest of the team then hammered the main road out of Akaroa only stopping half way up hilltop because he started to cramp! :crazy:
Thats around 250k's including hills!!!
Neub
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Ahad on Fri 6/Feb/09 5:23pm

You sure that guys not made of metal Neub?!!! Astounding stuff!!

Good you all survived that psycho driver too :thumbsup:

I just went on a 2hr 54k jaunt to Evans and back. For some reason felt like the back brakes were on the whole way, but wasn't going any slower than usual so thats good. Got home just in time for high tide and walked down to the beach with the kids for a swim. The Sea to swim in, was just like the air when I went biking. Warm and colder patches that hadn't quite had time to mix after that Southerly. But soooooo refreshing after a ride. So a perfect Waitangi day :thumbsup:
Ahad
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby tony_11 on Fri 6/Feb/09 5:32pm

Rode from PMH out on the long bays route up Gebbies then left and up the B**ard and over to SOK. Then carried on over Summit Rd and down Evans into Lyttleton. From there we rode to Governors Bay and up to SOK via Dyers Pass. Then back to the start point.

Great day for riding and with some pile of metres of ascending not too sure how many.Heaps of riders out today hope you all enjoyed the glorious Christchurch weather.
tony_11
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby chchbob on Fri 6/Feb/09 5:38pm

tony_11 wrote:Rode from PMH out on the long bays route up Gebbies then left and up the B**ard and over to SOK. Then carried on over Summit Rd and down Evans into Lyttleton. From there we rode to Governors Bay and up to SOK via Dyers Pass. Then back to the start point.

Great day for riding and with some pile of metres of ascending not too sure how many.Heaps of riders out today hope you all enjoyed the glorious Christchurch weather.

:withstupid:
Bloody good ride mate, although bloody stupid going up those hills just to get a time... Feeling suitably knackered now after spending the afternoon shifting a trailer load of dirt, mowing the lawns, then taking the kids for a swim at the beach ..... although this beer in my hand is tasting really bloody good, but hasn't lasted long ..... :D :D
chchbob
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Weevil on Fri 6/Feb/09 5:49pm

Went from Morninton out to the top of Nth East Valley road hill, turned around and came back down. Almost at the bottom saw a friend who was going the high route out to Port Chalmers so turned around and went with him. My fitness is slowly improving but goddamn those hills were hurting.. it just seemed like one big long climb, hella fun doing it with someone thou especially as he was much fitter. Then along the flat leading back to town from Prt Chalmers he simply blew me away even when I was averaging about 35km. God I was shattered thou, would I do it all again? F**k yes... about 55 kms all up with over half of that being uphill it seemed. Then managed to get back into town just as it started to rain.
Weevil
"Spills for thrills baby!"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby jimmymic on Fri 6/Feb/09 9:26pm

The last two rides, all starting from the home.

Day 1: Monte Baldo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Baldo) 1307m climbing, 90k
Road 4-02-2009, Elevation - Distance.png

Attempted to complete the Monte Baldo loop, was cruising along fairly happily after starting a bit late until around 2.30pm when the clould poured in from the other side of the Mountain, when the snow started to fall and was sitting around the 990m mark I decided that it was a better idea to turn around and beat the snow/rain. Still had around 800m of climbing to go.... But the downhill was awesome, passing cars and all :-)

Day 2: Sifty ride to Ponte Di Veja with the wife (http://www.pontediveja.com/ponte.asp?lang=en) - a very cool natural bridge with a MTB track across it. But took the road bikes to get there instead. 1056m climbing, 46km

Road 5-02-2009, Elevation - Distance.png

Day 3: It looks shitty at the moment out the window, listening to the cricket, maybe time to bust out the MTB and tackle some rocks.....
jimmymic
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Fergie on Fri 6/Feb/09 9:44pm

Round and round. Made the mistake of riding with my bars 2cm lower than normal. My tackle is in tatters :(

3km
42kph

Josh Atkins

3km
52kph
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Lozz on Sat 7/Feb/09 9:13am

if u took away wind resistance u prob did the same time :thumbsup:
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Al_Bushman on Sat 7/Feb/09 5:03pm

Dez and I had the killer sesh today. Just long bays but were were both in the red zone. PB up Gebbies & I was dry retching on the approach into Lyttelton :D

If anyone wants to come next time - you're welcome to join us, but beware, it's a mega suffer-fest!

Good time to hurt him too while he's stuck in the big ring! :satan:
Al_Bushman
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Weevil on Sat 7/Feb/09 5:12pm

Couple of laps of the Browns Thursday Circuit, 54kms or so.
Weevil

Postby bakedog on Sat 7/Feb/09 6:55pm

Road up eastern hutt road, thru silverstream and took the back roads from there to go to wallaceville hill, up there and around the mungaroa circuit, back over the hill and into upper hutt and then back home again, good fun, great ride!
bakedog
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Lozz on Sat 7/Feb/09 7:02pm

Al_Bushman wrote:Dez and I had the killer sesh today. Just long bays but were were both in the red zone. PB up Gebbies & I was dry retching on the approach into Lyttelton :D

If anyone wants to come next time - you're welcome to join us, but beware, it's a mega suffer-fest!

Good time to hurt him too while he's stuck in the big ring! :satan:

arrghe i really wana!
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Weevil on Sat 7/Feb/09 8:04pm

Man Wellington sounds as thou it has some great riding there.
Weevil

Postby tylersdad on Sat 7/Feb/09 10:24pm

YUP. Sure has.
tylersdad
"Meh !!!!"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts