Postby Tugboat on Mon 11/Aug/08 3:39pm

psychavoc wrote: I left my jacket at home :( I wonder just how wet it will be if I head out at 4 :huh:

They only seem to be light showers... pretty cold though.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Joel on Mon 11/Aug/08 3:41pm

Tugboat wrote:
psychavoc wrote: I left my jacket at home :( I wonder just how wet it will be if I head out at 4 :huh:

They only seem to be light showers... pretty cold though.

yeah i had a merino singlet as well as my wind proof vest on at lunch.. and never felt like i had too many layers on!
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Postby Fergie on Mon 11/Aug/08 4:09pm

Went for a cruise out to Brighton and then Sumner for a coffee and bagel (Thanks GRewi). Caught up with Mrs Podmore who was spining her usual yarns. Scary, quite disturbing yarns. Then my powertap battery died and was left powerless. I feel naked without it (speaking of disturbing images). Pity as my mate Marcus tried to to hammer me over Ansley Hill I was able to hang with him. Would have liked to have seen my power. Loving the sunshine even if it is pretty cold.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby hpg on Mon 11/Aug/08 7:50pm

This was my ride Sunday. Typical Canterbury day.....
IMG_4946.jpg
IMG_4936.jpg
hpg
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby businesstime on Mon 11/Aug/08 7:55pm

hpg wrote: This was my ride Sunday. Typical Canterbury day.....

Was the snowy pic up coopers knob ? Was the road rideable from Gebbies ?

Heading up there thursday morning hopefully.
businesstime
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby MikeCrawford on Mon 11/Aug/08 8:27pm

That first photo is about 200 meters before the top of Worsely spur I think and the second one is obviously Godley heads. What beautiful shots thanks for sharing that!!
MikeCrawford
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Mon 11/Aug/08 8:47pm

Great shots!!

Intervals for me up Hackthorne tonight.
Al_Bushman
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby hpg on Mon 11/Aug/08 9:32pm

The road was closed at the cattlestop at Worsleys. It looked like the road hadn't been cleared past there. Should be OK later in the week though.
hpg
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Ahad on Mon 11/Aug/08 11:01pm

Nice piccies alright!

Had one of those days today...
Schoolbus came 2minutes early so we missed it. Luckily got one of the neighbours to drop the kids off at school.(still carless) Thanks neighbour!

Had a brilliant idea to go across on the Ferry to save some time getting to work at Monks Spur! But after the shenanagins with the kids was running late. Had 10 minutes to make it to the Ferry. Took me 11minutes :( Oh well nothing like a bit of interval training first thing in the morning... :hmmm:
The next Ferry wouldn't leave to 10am, so couldn't be stuffed waiting for an hour so biked the long way round, doing the old "gumboots in the backpack" trick for some extra weight (yeah that was the reason :crazy: ). Very nearly chucked them in some bushes after the first hill, but commonsense prevailed... :D

A lot easier than last Monday especially on the way home (no sign of the bonk thankfully!).
So good to get some average fitness back, and a nice day for 78k's of riding :thumbsup:
Ahad
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Fergie on Tue 12/Aug/08 9:32am

Fergie wrote: Takes Spyder off people to watch in races list :)

Ha ha Spyder, I did say that.

What a prick eh :D

Ah well any programme is better than none at all.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby MikeCrawford on Tue 12/Aug/08 11:59am

Went out to do long bays this morning anticipating some strong riders. Caught a bunch of guys who had just turned around and called it a day 5 kms in. 4 of us went up Hackthrone and did short bays instead. Heaps of snow around still which meant legs were pretty heavy and not responsive at all.
Good climb up evans with a nice little tail wind. Got to get this training thing sorted, why am i sitting on a trainer on beautiful days and going out in 3 degrees?
MikeCrawford

Postby Al_Bushman on Tue 12/Aug/08 8:17pm

MikeCrawford wrote: Went out to do long bays this morning anticipating some strong riders. Caught a bunch of guys who had just turned around and called it a day 5 kms in. 4 of us went up Hackthrone and did short bays instead. Heaps of snow around still which meant legs were pretty heavy and not responsive at all.
Good climb up evans with a nice little tail wind. Got to get this training thing sorted, why am i sitting on a trainer on beautiful days and going out in 3 degrees?

This winter is sucking the big one weather-wise. Having said that I'm the fitest I've ever been for this time of year. Normally I'm 6kg overweight but somehow I'm maintaining my race weight. Will be interesting to see if that translates into a strong early summer season or a complete burn-out for FOC. :p
Al_Bushman
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby kuotadriver on Tue 12/Aug/08 8:22pm

Over the Haywards on Sunday, I found myself biking back through Cannons Creek for a change. I can advise everybody that this is not the place to give errant drivers the finger. There's a shitload of broken glass everywhere too.
kuotadriver
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Spyder on Tue 12/Aug/08 8:27pm

Tuesday night ride. Unlike Al, I haven't lost any of the weight I put on after my crash, but feeling pretty quick. Good sprints and (small) hill work tonight. Will need to get back onto the real hills soon though.

New saddle is pretty good. Small position change, which has meant I'm more comfortable on the drops which has to be good.
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."

Postby Oli on Tue 12/Aug/08 8:29pm

kuotadriver wrote: Over the Haywards on Sunday, I found myself biking back through Cannons Creek for a change. I can advise everybody that this is not the place to give errant drivers the finger. There's a shitload of broken glass everywhere too.

Did you ride past Shit Creek? I did last time I rode through there...it's a dodgy part of the world. :crazy:
Oli
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts