Postby OliverBendix on Sun 6/Jul/08 7:45pm

I didn't ride at all this weekend, what with weather, family stuff etc. but this evening I did something I haven't done for a couple of years and took my legs out for a run! They remembered how to do it, but didn't last very long, I wobbled up the driveway.
OliverBendix
"Punter"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Grant on Sun 6/Jul/08 7:48pm

OliverBendix wrote:They remembered how to do it, but didn't last very long

Chances are they will remind you of it in a day or two. Happy hobbling :thumbsup:
Grant
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Sun 6/Jul/08 8:24pm

OliverBendix wrote: I didn't ride at all this weekend, what with weather, family stuff etc. but this evening I did something I haven't done for a couple of years and took my legs out for a run! They remembered how to do it, but didn't last very long, I wobbled up the driveway.

:0 You didn't!! :D
Al_Bushman
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby neels on Mon 7/Jul/08 9:49pm

Went for a spin along the river on my new roadie :love:

Soooo much nicer than pushing 2.1's on the mtb!!!

If I'm not careful I could get to like this road riding thing :paranoid:
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Elden on Mon 7/Jul/08 9:56pm

Chch port hills today
IMAGE_055.jpg
Elden
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Tony_Cleall on Mon 7/Jul/08 10:17pm

Nice shot! I got out for a ride to work, and then back home about 1 hour ago. It's gonna be a cold one tomorrow AM folks.
Tony_Cleall
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Jan1965 on Mon 7/Jul/08 10:25pm

A suggestion for the winter.. :)
DSCF9384.JPG
Jan1965
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Jan1965 on Mon 7/Jul/08 10:36pm

Did my first race in two week. Very windy, very straight roads, very bad legs. Finished as 7th. Came home, had a shower, spent the rest of the day on the couch, felt really tired and missed most of the Td F stage.. :(

The mrs. took some photos today..(me in grey)
IMG_0316.JPG
Jan1965

Postby Tony_Cleall on Mon 7/Jul/08 11:01pm

Jan1965 wrote: Did my first race in two week. Very windy, very straight roads, very bad legs. Finished as 7th. Came home, had a shower, spent the rest of the day on the couch, felt really tired and missed most of the Td F stage.. :(

At least where ever you are looks warm mate! Wanna trade? ;) lol

Where are you living?
Tony_Cleall

Postby Fergie on Mon 7/Jul/08 11:31pm

Did another max aerobic power test with a shorter warm up. Added 19 watts and pushed max heart rate from 186 to 192 beats.

Ha ha Jan, looks like you are sprinting for a pie stall. Handy tip, don't take me on in such events!

There is an unofficial NZ cyclo cross championship this year. Hopefully this side of the sport takes off in NZ!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Jan1965 on Tue 8/Jul/08 2:15am

Tony_Cleall wrote:
Jan1965 wrote: Did my first race in two week. Very windy, very straight roads, very bad legs. Finished as 7th. Came home, had a shower, spent the rest of the day on the couch, felt really tired and missed most of the Td F stage.. :(

Where are you living?

We live 50 km from Rotterdam. In a small town. Busy town but pretty quiet surroundings. Good for cycling.. :) Our winters can also be tough.. minus 10 to 15 sometimes although with the latest climate change this will not happen so very often anymore. Pic. is taken from my house. It is build on a dyke and we look over everybody else.. :)
IMG_0712.JPG
Jan1965

Postby Al_Bushman on Tue 8/Jul/08 12:57pm

Elden wrote: Chch port hills today

So that's what it looks like!! I was up there last night riding between 8 & 9:30pm and it was bloody cold!! Roads greasy as hell!
Al_Bushman
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby thekiwi on Tue 8/Jul/08 1:39pm

Grant wrote:
OliverBendix wrote:They remembered how to do it, but didn't last very long

Chances are they will remind you of it in a day or two. Happy hobbling :thumbsup:

Haaa ... I did exactly this ... and feel exactly that! :(

Did 40 mins on Sunday, but the only shoes available were my racing flats ... oh and how my thighs felt it yesterday. Was a pleasant change tho.

Was weird tho. Where I got too to turn around on the run is where, on a bike, I havent even considered having started.
thekiwi
"A bad day of riding beats a good day at the office"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Tony_Cleall on Tue 8/Jul/08 5:48pm

Jan1965 wrote:
Tony_Cleall wrote:

Where are you living?

We live 50 km from Rotterdam. In a small town. Busy town but pretty quiet surroundings. Good for cycling.. :) Our winters can also be tough.. minus 10 to 15 sometimes although with the latest climate change this will not happen so very often anymore. Pic. is taken from my house. It is build on a dyke and we look over everybody else.. :)

That place looks fairly cold but nice and quiet. My kind of place.
Tony_Cleall

Postby wingie on Tue 8/Jul/08 7:27pm

i had to drop my truck off to get some work done to it today , so i rode home from morhouse ave out thro woodend then back into rangiora where i live , nice day for a ride
wingie
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts