Postby musket on Wed 25/Jun/08 8:53pm

Well, ask the local club. If you find you like it / you're good at it, it's easier to justify the $400-500 you'll need for a starter track bike.
musket
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Fergie on Wed 25/Jun/08 9:26pm

We are working on an adult track development programme in Christchurch. I think they are looking to get more adult sized bikes.
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby bigjimsty on Wed 25/Jun/08 9:56pm

Got a decent ride planned before work tomorrow with a couple of hard cases...
Warm up round Halswell Quarry and out onto Tai Tapu Rd, all the way to Gebbies.
Up there, left up the bastard and follow Summit all the way along to Mt Pleasant Rd, down into Sumner and back home.
Weather doesn't look too bad, possibly even quite mild to what we have had so far this week? Will post up my exploits tomorrow night, probably as I'm slouched over my computer clutching a cup of Milo to try and stay awake.
bigjimsty
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby Ahad on Wed 25/Jun/08 10:30pm

Yeah quite looking forward to my Thursday am ride over the hill being over zero degrees tomorrow too! Least you won't have to worry about black Ice. Gotta love those approaching fronts :thumbsup:
Ahad
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Al_Bushman on Wed 25/Jun/08 10:33pm

Ahad wrote: Yeah quite looking forward to my Thursday am ride over the hill being over zero degrees tomorrow too! Least you won't have to worry about black Ice. Gotta love those approaching fronts :thumbsup:

Shit dude - you've gotta change that avatar. It's just weird :crazy:
Al_Bushman
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Ahad on Wed 25/Jun/08 11:31pm

:cry:
Ahad
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby istepinyards on Mon 30/Jun/08 6:39pm

I went for a post hangover ride up the mountains this morning sorry about the pics they are off my motorola phone. ;)
Nice wee 80ks with 1000m of climbing/spewing. :0
Another day in paradise. See Samul this is your training ground later this year :thumbsup:
My home is just to the left of the tree in the first photo for those playing at home ;)
Photo0034.jpg
Photo0033.jpg
Photo0032.jpg
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Tugboat on Mon 30/Jun/08 7:47pm

Nice little jaunt around the bays on the way home tonight. Lyall Bay Pde is nasty though... just gotta pick the line where the cars have cleared or packed down the sand and stick to it with 2 or 3 inches of soft stuff covering the road! :crazy:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Fergie on Mon 30/Jun/08 8:29pm

Must stop procrastinating and get on the trainer for some Max Aerobic Power efforts!

Ahhh, just visualised getting caught by Big Jimsty in the Bays Race. Like that's going to happen. Bring it on!!!!!
Fergie
"Fat, opinionated and can't ride a bike to save himself. Sounds overqualified to be a coach."

Postby istepinyards on Mon 30/Jun/08 8:41pm

Fergie wrote: Must stop procrastinating and get on the trainer for some Max Aerobic Power efforts!

Ahhh, just visualised getting caught by Big Jimsty in the Bays Race. Like that's going to happen. Bring it on!!!!!
Speaking of that where has beeker been :eh:
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Al_Bushman on Mon 30/Jun/08 8:51pm

istepinyards wrote:
Fergie wrote: Must stop procrastinating and get on the trainer for some Max Aerobic Power efforts!

Speaking of that where has beeker been :eh:

Training? :sneaky:

Had my Spirometer test today which was inconclusive. No Asthma so that's good. To celebrate I did 4 hard repeats on the Downs after work :) ... and coughed myself silly afterwards :(
Al_Bushman
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Fergie on Mon 30/Jun/08 10:16pm

After 3 days off and and easy ride yesterday had power to burn so did some max aerobic power efforts. Pity that last weeks efforts have me back at square one weight wise.

Tonight...

Peak 1min (353 watts): effort 2/7
.Power: .255.538.353 .watts
.Heart Rate: .140.188.170 .bpm
.Cadence: .59.120.112 .rpm

Peak 1min (183 bpm): effort 7/7
.Power: .0.523.314 .watts
.Heart Rate: .172.189.183 .bpm
.Cadence: .31.116. 108 .rpm

Two weeks ago...

Peak 1min (310 watts): effort 4/5
.Power: .238.460.310 .watts
.Heart Rate: .125.174.155 .bpm
.Cadence: .44.106.100 .rpm

Peak 1min (169 bpm): effort 4/5
.Heart Rate: .158.175.169 .bpm

Proof that tapering works. Not that I should be tapering 14 weeks out from Masters Worlds.
Fergie

Postby Joel on Tue 1/Jul/08 4:42pm

had a great ride at lunch with the lunch bunch, hammer out to korokoro, than climb hard.. although had a slow leak damm it, which made for an entertaining time on the descent.
then was meant to be a hammer fest back into the city but i was way laid with my slow leak.. so watched the bunch disappear in the distance while pumped my front tire up 3 times to get back to work.
had almost picked them back up again by ngaio gorge, but had to stop for the slow leak. again! dooh
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Postby Fergie on Tue 1/Jul/08 9:47pm

Back to reality. Did a max aerobic power test and 46watts down my peak from a test after track nationals. But 5 watts higher than Jul last year.
Fergie

Postby Joel on Tue 1/Jul/08 9:51pm

Fergie wrote: Back to reality. Did a max aerobic power test and 46watts down my peak from a test after track nationals. But 5 watts higher than Jul last year.

fergie it's not about the training, it's about the taper
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 18 years 0 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts