Postby cauld on Fri 25/Jan/08 6:07pm

Monolith wrote:
Kah wrote: What time did you start? We managed a lap too.

Left Karori at 6: 00 :)

Went from oriental around to lyall bay roundabout, where we turned around and went back the other way

Profile attached.
Bays 25 Jan 08.jpg
cauld
"God Botherer Botherer"
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby alanw on Fri 25/Jan/08 6:39pm

yeah I was thinking before then...then I have an excuse to lose :blush:
alanw
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Beeker on Sat 26/Jan/08 1:23pm

Just come back from the ESG.com World Championship Race around Long Bays. Fairly cool & sedate out to Gebbies. A pot of Catapult on the way out & I was climbing like a billy goat up to Gebbies Pass. The lungs were on the limit as I was wheezing like an asthmatic, but the legs just kept on going. :thumbsup: After negotiating a herd of cattle at the top, we all dropped down the other side. Half way down, the guy in front of me suddenly washed off a tonne of speed. I went to feather the brakes forgetting they had been adjusted up as part of the Tarmacs service this week. Doing 60+kph on the front wheel down Gebbies was interesting!

It was game on through the Bays. I wasn't sure if I was going to last given how hard I went up Gebbies, but was able to foot it with the locals through to Lyttelton & climbed Evans geared bigger than usual. Mentally I switched off at the top as this group normally stops for coffee in Sumner. But no - not today. More hurt along the causeway. I held the right wheels well & came out for the "win". Celebrations were short lived as Garry stuck it back into us around & up into Heathcote. On the approach to Maltworks, his crank fell off meaning a well timed break. Also meant Game Over for me as the legs never restarted. Struggled to stay on down Port Hills Rd, & my plans for a last ditch attack over Centaurus Rise were scuttled as the legs told me to sit the fuck back down as I went to wind up.

Pulled into CCC thoroughly spent, but enjoyed every minute of it. It is good to go & do something like that occasionally to expose a few weaknesses, & it has given me some ideas on what I need to focus on gearing toward the FOC.
:thumbsup:
Beeker
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 26/Jan/08 2:17pm

50 minute ride. I have a dumb groin strain that makes riding uncomfortable, so I should really be taking some time off. But I don't wanna... So I keep riding, and I think thats not exactly helping the healing.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby Kah on Sat 26/Jan/08 4:27pm

Aro St, Akas, Waikanae, Paekak Hill, Haywards, Aro St.
Kah
Member for: 17 years 1 month

Postby Monolith on Sat 26/Jan/08 5:10pm

Kah wrote: Aro St, Akas, Waikanae, Paekak Hill, Haywards, Aro St.

shit nigga, pm me next time you're doing something like that ;)
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Kah on Sat 26/Jan/08 5:12pm

Monolith wrote:

shit nigga, pm me next time you're doing something like that ;)
Wouldn't want to hold you back. We weren't setting any speed records, and the grovel up Haywards and back wasn't pretty.

Did not flip my wheel though, which was good.
Kah

Postby Monolith on Sat 26/Jan/08 5:14pm

You wouldn't hold me back - I rather enjoy the company on long rides :)

Anywho, I don't always ride around at 99%
Monolith

Postby Lozz on Sat 26/Jan/08 5:34pm

Rode B grade today out at loburn which as usual was full of controversy. Much pushing and shoving going on and plenty of profanities. Good fun :thumbsup: although i wish people would just suck it in and shut up. Just beacuse youve got rider either side of you doesnt mean you can push the guy next to you, just sink to the back and come round or dont get in that place in the first place. At least give them some warning b4 you push them I was getting seriously fucked off with people not keeping their hands to themselves I felt like I was in a prison shower room or something...

Think gydey might have won? I was blown after a last minute break and couldnt see much lol.
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Sat 26/Jan/08 5:46pm

Monolith wrote: You wouldn't hold me back - I rather enjoy the company on long rides :)

Kah's loop prolly not exactly the sort of ride you'd need before the AkAttack? :eh:
Oli
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 26/Jan/08 5:57pm

:blink:

Ouch.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 2 months

Postby Monolith on Sat 26/Jan/08 7:14pm

Oli wrote:
Monolith wrote: You wouldn't hold me back - I rather enjoy the company on long rides :)

Kah's loop prolly not exactly the sort of ride you'd need before the AkAttack? :eh:

I'm only doing the 4 hour ;)

No matter, I ended up going out and thrashing around on the mtb today anyway :D
Monolith

Postby Al_Bushman on Sat 26/Jan/08 7:53pm

Lozz wrote: Rode B grade today out at loburn which as usual was full of controversy. Much pushing and shoving going on and plenty of profanities. Good fun :thumbsup: although i wish people would just suck it in and shut up. Just beacuse youve got rider either side of you doesnt mean you can push the guy next to you, just sink to the back and come round or dont get in that place in the first place. At least give them some warning b4 you push them I was getting seriously fucked off with people not keeping their hands to themselves I felt like I was in a prison shower room or something...

Think gydey might have won? I was blown after a last minute break and couldnt see much lol.

Heard it was a bunch sprint from a mate who also rode B grade (another Look 555 - Blair is his name). Going by what you've said it sounds like these B grade club rides are consistantly full of the same couple of f**kwits that ruin club racing for people like you and me. IF I ever ride another club event I'll be taking numbers if I see any more of that shit. In any event I should be riding A grade anyway.

I rode a hard out Short Bays and summit road this morning. Felt like crap at the start and nearly went home after 2km :D but at the end felt like I had a rocket up my arse! The ol body is funny sometimes huh!
Al_Bushman
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Tri on Sat 26/Jan/08 9:22pm

Al_Bushman wrote:
Lozz wrote: Rode B grade today out at loburn which as usual was full of controversy. Much pushing and shoving going on and plenty of profanities. Good fun :thumbsup: although i wish people would just suck it in and shut up. Just beacuse youve got rider either side of you doesnt mean you can push the guy next to you, just sink to the back and come round or dont get in that place in the first place. At least give them some warning b4 you push them I was getting seriously fucked off with people not keeping their hands to themselves I felt like I was in a prison shower room or something...

Heard it was a bunch sprint from a mate who also rode B grade (another Look 555 - Blair is his name). Going by what you've said it sounds like these B grade club rides are consistantly full of the same couple of f**kwits that ruin club racing for people like you and me. IF I ever ride another club event I'll be taking numbers if I see any more of that shit. In any event I should be riding A grade anyway.

I rode a hard out Short Bays and summit road this morning. Felt like crap at the start and nearly went home after 2km :D but at the end felt like I had a rocket up my arse! The ol body is funny sometimes huh!

Its about time you hauled out the MTB and raced the uphill time trials! Lets see you show the hairy leggers how its done. Next one is this Wednesday 6PM up Kennedys - should suit you. Far friendlier bunch of racers that B grade roadies too.
Tri
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Kah on Sat 26/Jan/08 9:38pm

happybaboon wrote:

:blink:

Ouch.

You're telling me. 78 gear inches and change is about right for grovelling though.
Kah

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts