Postby mitch7 on Sun 11/May/08 9:45am

well yesterday was interesting for me.

Simbow came round, he'd built some small jumps out on the stockbank at his work..
this was"a great opportunity to practice jumps'
i'm more of a wuss trail rider and generally roll over stuff than fly through the air.
So out we went, with wife and kids in tow..

Simbow had been towing me in with the mule...top speed 30km..and I had been comfortable with this, getting air and landing fine...but Simbow reckoned we needed more speed so we tied the tow rope to the ATB...hit it at 40km...i completely fluffed it...muppet

endo-ed badly...and managed to headplant...out come..Broken Giro Hex(did its job),totally winded...badly concussed for awhile ,had the staggers and memory loss..trip to hospital..
they X-rayed my neck ..apparently OK..but must have pulled some muscles..didnt sleep well.

as per usual the bike made it through unscathed...

I'd just like to thank the staff at Wairau hospital..and Giro ..

My wife managed to catch it on camera/video which i'll post tomorrow from work..i'm on dial up here at home..may as well give everyone some laughs..its such a lame looking jump..
:(
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby tartgrandmother on Sun 11/May/08 9:47am

haha, hope there is no damage, will be sure too look at your video!
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby mitch7 on Sun 11/May/08 9:53am

only my pride...and helmet.
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 8 years 8 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 11/May/08 10:12am

MattV wrote: Rode around the lake. They've put a new bridge over the spillway since i've been through there last

did you do an epic spill?
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby evilknieval69 on Sun 11/May/08 2:55pm

Shuttles at Vegas this morning, driftys in the mud and puddles. Great fun! :thumbsup:
dirty bike honda power (Small).JPG
evilknieval69
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby tartgrandmother on Sun 11/May/08 3:00pm

looks like you had fun
tartgrandmother
"Blowing cobwebs"
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby MattV on Sun 11/May/08 3:14pm

wachtourak wrote:
MattV wrote: Rode around the lake. They've put a new bridge over the spillway since i've been through there last

did you do an epic spill?

Is Amy Winehouse hot?
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 11/May/08 4:22pm

From home headed to Makara Peak via st albans, then into salley alley, ML, then the 4wd to the top. RL, RLE, then lazy fern down to the carpark.

Salvation, scouthall, goldmine, down aro valley, along ohiro road to the tip track.

Up the tip track. Along and down carparts, then the roller coaster to aro valley.

Repeat.

Then repeat once more for good measure.

Back along the rollercoaster, down to the sanctuary. Along the road to makara peak, and did a koru/SA/ML/4wd to the top, then 4wd down (I wasn't feeling like muppetting down ridgeline) the RLE and lazy fern.

Good fun :) :thumbsup:
mudburger.jpg
Last edited by Monolith on Sun 11/May/08 5:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Sun 11/May/08 5:32pm

round and round in circles, tahi, dipper, diamond back and a few bits of wet road.
jamieinauckland
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby SteveWallace on Sun 11/May/08 5:43pm

Second week living in Welly, investigating local stuff,

Down Nicholson walkway from Khandallah to Hutt road, up to top of wadestown hill to the townbelt ridgeline track - great views but not enough track to justify the climb from Thorton, threaten of rain so off home via the most exploratory laneway routes possible.

Did the grand loop of Makara on Friday, beautifully sunny - great tracks guys, and did the skyline on Wednesday - very muddy and churned from tractors/4WD in places and the cattle have sheared off small bits of the single track, but a good long technical ride all the same.

Loving the MB scene in Welly :thumbsup:
SteveWallace
Member for: 6 years 6 months

Postby haggleman on Sun 11/May/08 6:45pm

Makara peak - went up Koru, 4WD track to the skills area, 4WD all the way to the peak, down ridgeline, ridgeline extension, magic carpet to the skills again, down livewires difficult to the carpark. Had a bite of a snickers then tagged along with Dan and Helena (first time MTBer!) back up Koru, Magic carpet to skills, then down through Lazy Fern.

Nowhere near as epic as Mono's :P
2008_0511Makara0031.JPG
mud glorious mud
Last edited by haggleman on Sun 11/May/08 11:23pm, edited 2 times in total.
haggleman
Member for: 6 years 10 months

Postby Malcy on Sun 11/May/08 8:21pm

Makara, nice.

Koru, Sally, Ridgeline Extension, Magic Carpet, Skills, then Lazy Fern.

It was a friend of mines chance to ride her new Trek 5.5 and ride with cleats for the very first time. It went well!!

Nice.
Malcy
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Nick_K on Sun 11/May/08 9:25pm

Just back from a very wet ride up Wrights Hill, scout hall, goldmine, fenceline, and carparts.

Woot for ss, I think I'm done with gears for a while.
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby free_rider21 on Mon 12/May/08 8:12am

Monolith wrote: From home headed to Makara Peak via st albans, then into salley alley, ML, then the 4wd to the top. RL, RLE, then lazy fern down to the carpark.

Salvation, scouthall, goldmine, down aro valley, along ohiro road to the tip track.

Up the tip track. Along and down carparts, then the roller coaster to aro valley.

Repeat.

Then repeat once more for good measure.

All that 3 times. :crazy:
How many km was that?
free_rider21
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby mitch7 on Mon 12/May/08 9:31am

heres the vid link to yesterdays post

http://www.vorb.org.nz/video-view-93681.html

I am a muppet :0

have a great monday!
mitch7