Postby Wookie on Mon 14/Jan/02 5:26pm

To be Smaured or to be Shmaved?, that is the question......

:baaa:
Wookie
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 7:29am

It depends - me not knowing what a shmave is, and knowing the circles that you swim in, means that I'm a bit hesitant to make a call without seeing the contract first  :eh:

I was guessing that it involved wiping out your front wheel, and then wiping off your elbow or knee?  :sneaky:
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"

Postby CrustyPVC on Tue 15/Jan/02 9:15am

Maate the question is what the fuck does Shmaved mean. Had to do a quick search, but could only find smaur. Which of course brings up Vorb first, scary.
CrustyPVC

Postby Wookie on Tue 15/Jan/02 9:33am

Ok... Shmaving.......

is the clean removal of a layer of skin, through skating cleanly across a piece of planet earth... potentially after having left the saddle........

Creating that nice cheese sliced look that most cyclists have sported at one time or another....

:blush:
Wookie

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 9:48am

sneaky   <---- thinking really hard.

Ok, having thought it through carefully, I'll take the smaur please, because

a) no-one else can see your arse
b) it only hurts to sit down for a couple of days at worst
c) you don't wake up in the morning stuck to the sheets
d) the wookie won't get nasty on you for muscling in on his turf (scraping skin)
Jono

Postby Tama on Tue 15/Jan/02 10:21am

Is it Shmaving of Schmaving?

Anyway, I think a good Schmave can be quite cool occassionally - 'cos you can turn up for work sporting wicked big scabs and scars, and everyone thinks you're hard (or insane) :crazy:

It's physical proof you haven't been sitting at home eating Cheesy Poofs (along with washboard abs of course)  ;)
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"

Postby Wookie on Tue 15/Jan/02 10:28am

Hmmm perhaps the inevitability of either needs to be looked at...  What are the stats....

(i know they're fairly high for me.....  but hmmm maybe theres something in that??)

:crazy:
Wookie

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 10:35am

Well, I'm definitely tempting fate here, but I haven't had a truly memorable schmave in some time.

My arse, on the other hand, would let you know that here is currently the land of smaur...probably because I haven't ridden in a couple of months, and I'm getting soft, but the first off-road ride here really hurt (the next day (and the day after that (and after that)))   :crazy:
Jono

Postby Fraser on Tue 15/Jan/02 4:26pm

Don't worry they have flouresent lighting in hell , as well as that nice hourglass icon spinning on a screen.  :satan: It's all there and waiting for you when you get fully shmarved.
Fraser

Postby Tama on Tue 15/Jan/02 4:26pm

I've discovered the secret to non-sore-office-botty is sitting on a 'Swiss Ball'  ;)

Yes - big rubber balls rock (and roll) and when you get really excited about your Project Brief or Report - you can bounce up and down on them... like this

bouncy bouncy bouncy :D
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"

Postby Wookie on Tue 15/Jan/02 4:38pm

Hmmm it'd prolly suck to get schmaved at the office regularly......

those carpet burns can be a pain.....  ouch!

:satan:    tee hee
Wookie

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 10:10pm

Wookie wrote:those carpet burns can be a pain.....  ouch!

Or paper cuts...."ok - we've done the "x" orientation, now we just need to get it looking proper with the "y's"" ....  :crazy:
Jono

Postby Nathan on Wed 16/Jan/02 1:26pm

Well this will be my first ever post on this infamous site.
Smaur is the likely choice due to the fact that schmaving requires you to bleed and if that happens you end up with crusty scabs and then scars that you have to explain to your mum. :alien:  :withstupid: hehe...
Nathan

Postby Wookie on Wed 16/Jan/02 1:28pm

mmm and its hard work explaining such things to your mum....

Especially if your head is as above.......

:baaa:
Wookie

Postby Nathan on Wed 16/Jan/02 1:38pm

My Mum would simply tell me to pull my head out and yeah well ummm I have said enough :blush:
Nathan

Sifting - Latest Posts