The Formula One Thread

Postby Punter on Sun 28/May/06 8:45pm

Any of you watch the Monaco Qualifying?
schumacher the kraut had the fastest lap, then on the last corner he purposely over runs it, and you can see from the in car that he could have made it. obvious as shit, and then he stalls it. this meant that everyone behind him had to slow for the last corner to avoid him, screwin their quali lap up -including alonso who was three tenths up at the second split. the kraut timed it so that it was the last few seconds of the qualifying session. bingo he thought he had pole. but he's been sent to the back of the grid.
what a crazy german
Last edited by Punter on Sun 28/May/06 9:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punter
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Chris_D on Sun 28/May/06 8:46pm

Yeah Schumacer was a bit of a twat. Again.
Chris_D
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby ethbole on Sun 28/May/06 8:48pm

I watched most of it. Fuck it was bad coverage. And some of those drivers are pretty sad. GO KIMI!
ethbole
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 28/May/06 8:52pm

Hmmm, arguably thats just being a master tactician.
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Chris_D on Sun 28/May/06 8:56pm

wachtourak wrote: Hmmm, arguably thats just being a master tactician.


In the same was as putting an obstacle on a downhill track to slow down your opponents. It's not in the spirit of the sport - especially in qualiyfying. I dont know what made him think he could get away with it in the biggest race of the season.
Chris_D
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby ethbole on Sun 28/May/06 8:57pm

Especially when there is hardly any passing oportunity on a street course, and qualifying is extremly important.
ethbole
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Chris_D on Sun 28/May/06 8:59pm

At least he got exactly what he deserved, though.
Chris_D
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Punter on Sun 28/May/06 8:59pm

wachtourak wrote: Hmmm, arguably thats just being a master tactician.


no, thats totally wrong. If you believe that then you're a cheat also.
Punter
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby ethbole on Sun 28/May/06 8:59pm

I went to bed, what did he get? A drive through penalty?
ethbole
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Chris_D on Sun 28/May/06 9:00pm

ethbole wrote: I went to bed, what did he get? A drive through penalty?


Last place on the starting grid :thumbsup:
Chris_D
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby ethbole on Sun 28/May/06 9:01pm

Chris_D wrote:
ethbole wrote: I went to bed, what did he get? A drive through penalty?


Last place on the starting grid :thumbsup:
He shouldn't be on the starting grid IMO.
ethbole
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby WelshStoat on Sun 28/May/06 9:04pm

Don't get sucked into the Hype folks....

Bernie "My Wife's twice the Man I am" Ecclestone probably planned that incident to happen... To get some interest for his Pants Poor racing series.

I reckon they should train Chimps to drive those F1 cars... It'd Be much better to watch.


Plus they could relax all those troublesome Safety rules... thus allowing Faster Racing.. and Spectacular Crashes & shit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
WelshStoat
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Chris_D on Sun 28/May/06 9:05pm

ethbole wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
ethbole wrote: I went to bed, what did he get? A drive through penalty?


Last place on the starting grid :thumbsup:
He shouldn't be on the starting grid IMO.


Well he has no chance of a podium on this track, so I'm happy enough.
Chris_D
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby ethbole on Sun 28/May/06 9:06pm

WelshStoat wrote:I reckon they should train Chimps to drive those F1 cars thus allowing Faster Racing.. and Spectacular Crashes & shit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


:D

:crazy:


That's a scary thought.
ethbole
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Punter on Sun 28/May/06 9:08pm

WelshStoat wrote: Don't get sucked into the Hype folks....

Bernie "My Wife's twice the Man I am" Ecclestone probably planned that incident to happen... To get some interest for his Pants Poor racing series.

I reckon they should train Chimps to drive those F1 cars... It'd Be much better to watch.


Plus they could relax all those troublesome Safety rules... thus allowing Faster Racing.. and Spectacular Crashes & shit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


highly valued opinion. you're right. How did I miss that?
so obvious when you look at it. Of course ferrari - who spend about 400 million euros on the race team, will do what bernie says, and have their two cars start at the back of the most prestigous motor race in the world.
Punter
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

56 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 54 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop

cron