Postby Tama on Sat 12/Jan/02 7:48pm

Here at Vorb We're Proud to Announce
Mount Victoria Track Loving Day
Sunday 17th February 2002

10am - Top of Majoribanks St - Mt Vic. Wellington

Background: Mountain Bikers have been lucky to have fully legal access to Mt Victoria - which is 5 minutes ride from the centre of town. The mountain bike policy is due to come up for review this year and there have been anti mountain biking mutterings from various corners. The last time the policy was reviewed mountain bikers gained access at 8 votes to 7 - We're worried about losing Mt Vic and want to do something positive about it...

What We're Doing: We've had a look over Mt Victoria, the tracks are looking quite shabby. A lot of the damage is trail use, a lot of it is rain damage, most of it is a mixture of both.

We think that if we get enough mountain bikers together for one day of good honest track loving we can do no end of good, for the conditions of Mt Vic's tracks, and for the reputation of mountain bikers on Mt Vic.

Mount Victoria Track Loving Day
Sunday 17th February 2002</font>
10am - Top of Majoribanks St - Mt Vic. Wellington

Love That Track

We've already recieved a huge amount of support from Wellington City Council, and Arie's Cyclery, Burkes Cycles, Ground Effect, Inside Line Distribution, J'Ville Cycles, Makara Peak Supporters Group, Mud Cycles, NZ Copy on Willis St, On Yer Bike, Pack 'n' Pedal, Penny Farthing Cycles, Pins Cycles, The Cycle Centre,  VIC Cycles
So next time you visit any of these folk say "You Rock for Supporting Track Loving Day" and give them a big squeezy hug (with optional crafty botty grab.)

:thumbsup:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby SlackBoy on Sun 13/Jan/02 11:56pm

ya have to make it on a nationals weekend don't ya
sheesh!!!!
SlackBoy

Postby Tama on Mon 14/Jan/02 9:00am

In all fairness out of the thousands (tens of thousands?) of mountain bikers in Wellington I doubt over 100 will be at the Nationals.

We picked the date to fit in with Makara Peak work parties - 'cos Makara Peak is sending their krew over for Mt. Vic. Track Lovin' Day.

P.S. Anyway, at the rate everyone's going I expect half of the Nat. heads to be too injured to attend Hawke's Bay. (But not to injured to pick up litter  :) )
Tama

Postby SlackBoy on Mon 14/Jan/02 11:26pm

thats totally and utterlly irrevelant. It is an inconveience to me (I know bad spelling) and thats all that matters. Alll these other small people don't really matter, I'm the center of the frigging universe, me me me me me me me me me me me!!!!!!
SlackBoy

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 1:49am

tama wrote:P.S. Anyway, at the rate everyone's going I expect half of the Nat. heads to be too injured to attend Hawke's Bay. (But not to injured to pick up litter  :) )

...even if they sustain head injuries, you can wrap them in sellotape (sticky side out) and roll them down tracks...  :eh:
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"

Postby Tama on Tue 15/Jan/02 8:57am

If we wrap them in double sided tape and push them down the trail then they'll collect all the lolly wrappers, chippy bags and broken glass (yowtch) as they roll down.
Tama

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 9:20am

And then you can sell the rubbish-stuck bodies for use as the bases of berms for rickies track. :sneaky:  It's all poetically cyclical when you think about it...

they grow the downhillers, we're dissed by the downhillers, we roll the downhillers, we ride on the downhillers...
Jono

Postby Tama on Tue 15/Jan/02 10:44am

Now, now - we're trying to get past the DH vs. XC thing... Enough fractured tribes in cycling as it is. I say - defy labelling - ride track bikes off drop offs - Do Taupo on a freestyle BMX - race the Karapoti on a Raliegh 20...

Group Hug!
(Crafty Botty Squeeze)
Tama

Postby Jono on Tue 15/Jan/02 10:23pm

Fair enough - it should have been "we grow the racers......"

Because everyone knows that racing for anything other than an overpriced ride in a 4wd to the top of the hill is misguided :)
Jono

Sifting - Latest Posts