Re: Things I Hate.

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 25/Nov/16 1:52pm

phunk wrote:
BrokenKonaRider wrote::( Stink

Shithouse, thats two in about two weeks I have seen go there.

Is the other unfortunate attempting a warranty claim?
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 25/Nov/16 2:22pm

oh poo...
What year was yours? I'm praying my 2012 doesn't do that. the earlier (V3?) ones did that quite regularly i think, but V4 had strenghtened up that zone. I think Zane (inzane/Trail) had his earlier one go like that... FECK.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby phunk on Fri 25/Nov/16 2:43pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:
phunk wrote:

Shithouse, thats two in about two weeks I have seen go there.

Is the other unfortunate attempting a warranty claim?

Is outside warrantee i think :(
phunk
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 25/Nov/16 4:16pm

swtchbckr wrote:

oh poo...
What year was yours? I'm praying my 2012 doesn't do that. the earlier (V3?) ones did that quite regularly i think, but V4 had strenghtened up that zone. I think Zane (inzane/Trail) had his earlier one go like that... FECK.

I don't know the year of manufacture, but it is/was a v3, not 3.1. Probably outside warranty term I suspect (preparing myself for the worst).
Was a stupidly expensive bike/frame. I'll never buy boutique again.
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 25/Nov/16 5:14pm

Oh phew, mine must be the 3.1, with the revised bit there...

Yeah, a bit steep new, them. Mine was ex-demo (so probably thrashed? Or 'well maintained'), so I thought reasonable
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Postby adikt on Tue 27/Dec/16 6:13pm

Nice 6km walk home following this little gem.

First ride back in almost 8mo post-injury too. Did not end well.
2016-12-27 16.56.01.jpg
adikt
Member for: 5 years 1 month

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 27/Dec/16 10:15pm

You obviously torque too much...
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Postby Dougal on Tue 27/Dec/16 10:39pm

adikt wrote:Nice 6km walk home following this little gem.

Hope you weren't clipped into that!
Dougal
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby adikt on Tue 27/Dec/16 11:08pm

swtchbckr wrote:You obviously torque too much...

Well, it's a SS, so I grind away on the hills. Luckily this wasn't on a hill

Dougal wrote:Hope you weren't clipped into that!

Nope, only clip in when pointed down. The unguided 1.5tonne missiles around here scare me too much to clip in.

And for extra bonus hate: Shop says 'how sad, you're just outside 1yr warranty [14mo!], gonna cost you, IF we can find the parts'
adikt
Member for: 5 years 1 month

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 28/Dec/16 8:31am

adikt wrote:And for extra bonus hate: Shop says 'how sad, you're just outside 1yr warranty [14mo!], gonna cost you, IF we can find the parts'

Go all CGA on their collective asses
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby philstar on Wed 28/Dec/16 2:04pm

slidecontrol wrote:
adikt wrote:And for extra bonus hate: Shop says 'how sad, you're just outside 1yr warranty [14mo!], gonna cost you, IF we can find the parts'

Go all CGA on their collective asses

:withstupid:
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Conners on Wed 28/Dec/16 9:12pm

Dougal wrote:
adikt wrote:Nice 6km walk home following this little gem.

Hope you weren't clipped into that!

I'm not sure the end result is any worse if you're clipped in - don't you just end up with a pedal and half a crank arm attached to your foot? I'd almost say its a better scenario - less chance of puncture from riding over said broken crank arm :D

I'm probably missing something here.
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby comadi on Wed 28/Dec/16 9:53pm

Being clipped in to that at the 5 past through to half past the hour could be catastrophic !
Please tell me that wasn't a quality name brand crank ?
comadi
Member for: 3 years 6 months

Postby 13daza on Wed 28/Dec/16 11:12pm

knocked off work at lunch last Friday .... run some errands ,get home to find the box I was expecting to be delivered (normally left on the back doorstep) by the courier in the driveway near the front door ,so I negotiate my way around the aforementioned box in the drive and pull into the carport while thinking WTF who delivers a courier parcel into the middle of a driveway .It was at this point almost simultaneous with the grinding crunch as I passed through the entrance to the carport that I remembered that my Faithful old Steel Sally was strapped to the roof mount .Sadly Sally didn't survive the ordeal and after saving the seat, gear-levers, derailleurs and wheels (lucky for the fork mount ) there is nothing save a badly bent pile of steel tubes :cry: Fortunately the car is a Volvo so the roof racks are made from reforged railway tracks and were totally undamaged during the event , it turns out that the cheap nasty bike chinese made roof mount racks from T7 are actually very very strong .

After a few coarse words and a tense discussion with the courier about their dodgy delivery(turns out had been left by the back door as our neighbor spotted him dropping it off ???? ) I alleviated my grief with some retail therapy and purchased a new bike to replace Old Sally to commute on and general riding /training duties ,a most satisfactory deal was struck for a "shop soiled" (if you look reeeaally close there's a couple of tiny scratches) Avanti Giro 2 which seems to be not as sentimental to ride as Sally but (cough cough) a much nicer ride .Normally I would be excited for a new bike but in the circumstances it has just been a bit flat.

I am hoping that this will fade from the memory of my better half perhaps within in the next decade or so .....
13daza
Member for: 6 years 0 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 4/Jan/17 12:33pm

Sickness

Decided to do a 12 week trading program for Karapoti this year. First phase had a cold for two weeks now on antibiotics again for tonsillitis :angry: lost a few days last week to Christmas, a wedding and our anniversary.
dwgknz
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Sifting - Latest Posts