Wearable Art Awards

Postby Chickie on Fri 23/Sep/05 11:46am

Last night I was lucky enough to go to the final dress hearsal for the Wearable Art Awards.

What an amazing event.

It was so much more dynamic that I had ever thought. I had visions of fashion shows with skinny girls being coat hangers for the creations but it wasn't nothing like that and each model really put a lot of personality into the piece they wore.

One piece even incorporated a bike :thumbsup:

If you ever get a chance to check one out I highly recommend it.
Chickie
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Spacemonkey on Fri 23/Sep/05 11:50am

Pedal on's daughter is one of the models (I think) :)
Spacemonkey
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Beanione on Fri 23/Sep/05 11:51am

it sucks that it has been taken away from nelson. thats one thing nelson was internationally famous for. stupid new manager person thing.
Beanione
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby Chickie on Fri 23/Sep/05 11:56am

Spacemonkey wrote:Pedal on's daughter is one of the models (I think) :)

I thought I saw him there last night.

Beanone wrote:it sucks that it has been taken away from nelson. thats one thing nelson was internationally famous for. stupid new manager person thing.

It is a shame that it has been taken out of Nelson, but it will get a bigger audience in Wellington. I for one would never have gone to Nelson to see the show. But I will always remember that it all started in Nelson.
Chickie

Postby Beanione on Fri 23/Sep/05 11:59am

Chickie wrote:
Beanone wrote:it sucks that it has been taken away from nelson. thats one thing nelson was internationally famous for. stupid new manager person thing.

It is a shame that it has been taken out of Nelson, but it will get a bigger audience in Wellington. I for one would never have gone to Nelson to see the show. But I will always remember that it all started in Nelson.

yeah thats wot i thought when my mum said im not going to watch that when an article came on breakfast this morning. i thought but sure its been taken away but i do agree with chickie that it will get alot more publicity in wellington than it ever did in nelson. i only saw it once and it was BRILLIANT.
Beanione

Postby pissface on Fri 23/Sep/05 12:08pm

the parade is on today i think
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby pissface on Fri 23/Sep/05 12:08pm

OMG its passing now :D

[edit: no, its the mountain runners, the WOW is after i think ]
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby phunk on Fri 23/Sep/05 12:17pm

Its outside my work now...
phunk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby coozer on Fri 23/Sep/05 1:18pm

ooh just heard a man with a loudspeaker saying it's 2mins away from the office...might have a peek :)
coozer
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby pissface on Fri 23/Sep/05 1:30pm

I liked the woman pushing the pushchair of triplets! footpath too crowded :D
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby charliz on Fri 23/Sep/05 1:35pm

is it true that is was $95 for a ticket ???
charliz

Postby Chickie on Fri 23/Sep/05 1:37pm

Not sure, my tickets last night were a gift
Chickie

Postby coozer on Fri 23/Sep/05 1:40pm

that was some weird stuff. just heard over loudspeaker in civic square that guy with the alligator shoes won a prize. hope he didn't have walk too far...looked like he was struggling
coozer
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby charliz on Fri 23/Sep/05 1:40pm

when it was in nelson we could get tickets from school to see it for $17......although i didnt go :(
charliz

Postby Colin on Fri 23/Sep/05 1:50pm

Chickie wrote:What an amazing event.

I was blown away. Much more s parade, a total performance from start to finish. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spacemonkey wrote:Pedal on's daughter is one of the models (I think) :)

Yep - she is in the shiniest outfit in the childrens section,

plus every 2nd night does the smaller part of a two person outfit in one of the adult sections .

She is thoroughly enjoying the experience and would certainly do it again given the opportunity. Two, three and this past week 5 rehearsals a week for the past couple of months. Yesterday was over 5 hours until after 10:30. A big commitment for a 10yo.

Building some way cool childhood memories and we are collecting a bulging file of artefacts from the whole WOW experience.

Do I sound like a proud Dad? :blush:

My wife is also involved behind the scenes. They have both signed (and honoured) confidentiality agreements, so I was surprised and amazed by what I saw last night.

Beanione wrote:it sucks that it has been taken away from nelson. thats one thing nelson was internationally famous for. stupid new manager person thing.

WOW was started by Suzie Moncrieff , and she still leads WOW. It was brought to Wellington grow bigger and I wouldn’t be surprised if WOW went outside of NZ in the future.

charliz wrote:is it true that is was $95 for a ticket ???

Yep, for the best seats - I think down to $65. Last night depended on who you knew - I was given mine, and had access to $25 & $50 tickets depending on who was selling them as fund raisers.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Sifting - Latest Posts