Postby WelshStoat on Sat 4/Feb/06 9:01am

Is there an actual point in lowering a 4WD vehicle???

sounds like the actions of a complete imbicle to me.

especially when the vehicle is called such names as "Forester" :crazy:

and extra especially when the vehicle is used to carry Mountain bikes to places in which one would ride said mountain bikes????

You wacky Kiwis.... God/Allah/Krishna Bless all of you :thumbsup:
WelshStoat
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 4/Feb/06 9:28am

WelshStoat wrote:Is there an actual point in lowering a 4WD vehicle???

and extra especially when the vehicle is used to carry Mountain bikes to places in which one would ride said mountain bikes????

:lol:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Simon_K on Sun 5/Feb/06 12:37pm

1999 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R. I really need to get a towball fitted for a bike rack as it's a pain in the neck chucking the STP in the back.
workhack.JPG
Simon_K
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Dougal on Sun 5/Feb/06 8:10pm

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly. :satan:

An update on my corolla, the head gasket appears blown, I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow. :hmmm:
Dougal
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 6/Feb/06 8:31am

Dougal wrote:

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly. :satan:

An update on my corolla, the head gasket appears blown, I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow. :hmmm:
Ditto

Kick his arse Dougal.

Now we think that its worn rings with the diesel, a bonus is that the bores all look mint and all I shall need to do is give them a lite hone :thumbups:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 6/Feb/06 7:16pm

Datsane wrote:Kick his arse Dougal.

Now we think that its worn rings with the diesel, a bonus is that the bores all look mint and all I shall need to do is give them a lite hone :thumbups:

New rings aren't the end of the earth. If you get a good deal on the LD big end bolts then get another dozen for Scotty's Datsun. :thumbsup:

Did a compression test, 142, 125, 142, 150psi, checked #2 again and could only muster 115psi. :hmmm:

Still got a week to go on MTA warranty. :D
Dougal

Postby badnuz on Mon 6/Feb/06 7:43pm

cause if you think of a forester as a 4wd your a dork....... its a wagon with high ground clearance, that needed to be lowered so my paraplegic mother can get into it. dork.
badnuz

Postby badnuz on Mon 6/Feb/06 7:46pm

and it looks better, handles better, and dont feel like so much of a 4WD BOAT. :satan:
badnuz

Postby Dougal on Mon 6/Feb/06 8:52pm

badnuz wrote:and it looks better, handles better, and dont feel like so much of a 4WD BOAT. :satan:

So why start by buying a 4wd boat? :eh:
Dougal

Postby mudguard on Mon 6/Feb/06 8:59pm

It's like watching the dropped WRX's and Evo's flying past you on the crown range road, then passing them again when their 10mm ground clearance bottoms out on braking ruts going up Cardies for Nats.
Why take a rally car and do that, then try take it up a skifield. Yes I'm sure your Yoko A520's have no roll when you hit the apex at Ruapuna, but try getting a warranty on your sidewall blowout halfway up a skifield access road.
mudguard
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Dougal on Mon 6/Feb/06 9:04pm

mudguard wrote:It's like watching the dropped WRX's and Evo's flying past you on the crown range road, then passing them again when their 10mm ground clearance bottoms out on braking ruts going up Cardies for Nats.
Why take a rally car and do that, then try take it up a skifield. Yes I'm sure your Yoko A520's have no roll when you hit the apex at Ruapuna, but try getting a warranty on your sidewall blowout halfway up a skifield access road.

Even funnier is seeing how useless low profile street tyres are on snow and ice. Watching the clown in the new stuck WRX getting passed by fwd family cars is priceless.
Even better than watching them taking driveways at strategic angles and crawling speeds. :D
Dougal

Postby Percy Pig on Mon 6/Feb/06 9:09pm

Dougal wrote:
mudguard wrote:It's like watching the dropped WRX's and Evo's flying past you on the crown range road, then passing them again when their 10mm ground clearance bottoms out on braking ruts going up Cardies for Nats.

Even funnier is seeing how useless low profile street tyres are on snow and ice. Watching the clown in the new stuck WRX getting passed by fwd family cars is priceless.
Even better than watching them taking driveways at strategic angles and crawling speeds. :D
Still not as funny as watching a Rangie trying to take a corner at highway speed! :satan:

But anyway lowering cars too far is detrimental to both the cars handling and ride comfort, and it looks silly.
And before anyone else mentions it, yes my Subbie is lowered, 10mm from stock GT height, and has stiffer springs and urethane bushes*, and yes it does handle bloody well, because it still has suspension travel to cope with NZ's shite roads. :thumbsup:

*hur hur!
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby mudguard on Mon 6/Feb/06 9:09pm

Single or twin turbo?
mudguard

Postby mudguard on Mon 6/Feb/06 9:11pm

Urethane bushes. I prefer no bush.
Ha.
mudguard

Postby Dougal on Mon 6/Feb/06 9:11pm

Percy Pig wrote:Still not as funny as watching a Rangie trying to take a corner at highway speed! :satan:
*hur hur!

Handles way better than my rolla does. :)

Although that's with credit to the koni dampers on each corner and the urethane bumpers in the front radius arms.
Dougal

Cars | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts