Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby tripler on Sun 8/Mar/09 10:03pm

I had an awesome nissan largo 1994 "Shiba"designed,remote starter(real head turner when people see a van start and no one in it)remote curtains,even remote for the rear air con,luxury interior,180 degree swival middle seats,cruised at 120kph(not that I speed)honestly was a dam nice van,then one day it konked and konked hard.....dont have a luxury van anymore do I.So as much as I like some vans I wont be parting wid dollars for any more :(
tripler
User avatar
"I AM pushing but it won't go in,pass the grease"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby specializedman on Mon 9/Mar/09 6:40pm

My bike carrying machine, the reason it doesn't have mags is because I live down a shit gravel road so cant use any decent tyres!

Drives awesome though.
P1040234.JPG
specializedman
User avatar
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby tripler on Mon 9/Mar/09 9:50pm

my next bike wagon will be an old ute with a decent motor,you know, the kind that when you lift the bonnet you can actually identify the carbi,starter motor,petrol filter etc and is actually accessable,and it don't need a chip that cost $300 to replace :p :p :p :blink: :p
tripler
User avatar
"I AM pushing but it won't go in,pass the grease"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby crazychris on Tue 10/Mar/09 12:08pm

Every now and then, youtube makes me smile. :)

Burnout
crazychris
User avatar
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 10/Mar/09 2:05pm

specializedman wrote:My bike carrying machine, the reason it doesn't have mags is because I live down a shit gravel road so cant use any decent tyres!

Drives awesome though.


its not that you can't get decent tyres, its that low profile tyres don't like gravel roads

you can get great tyres that will fit your steelies :sly: , its just that you want low-profile tyres on huge rims ;)
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 10/Mar/09 2:46pm

thin tire with tall sidewall on wide rims, not the best but a good compromise.
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby MattV on Tue 10/Mar/09 6:30pm

1500cc of raw bike (and kayak) carrying power :lol:


The suspension got a good workout. :D
06-03-09_1808.jpg
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby mudguard on Tue 10/Mar/09 6:43pm

MattV wrote:1500cc of raw bike (and kayak) carrying power :lol:


The suspension got a good workout. :D


Crickey, what was in the boot? I wouldn't have thought 4 bikes (I think) and a kayak would sack it so much.
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby MattV on Tue 10/Mar/09 6:48pm

Tents and stuff.


It sagged a little more once we all got in. :blush:
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby Simon_K on Tue 10/Mar/09 9:51pm

MattV wrote:Tents and stuff.


It sagged a little more once we all got in. :blush:


I hear ya, on the way back from Vegas after new years, I'm sure the 'rolla was on its bumpstops most of the way :thumbsup:
Simon_K
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby Monolith on Tue 10/Mar/09 9:54pm

Simon_K wrote:
MattV wrote:Tents and stuff.


It sagged a little more once we all got in. :blush:


I hear ya, on the way back from Vegas after new years, I'm sure the 'rolla was on its bumpstops most of the way :thumbsup:

:blush:
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby specializedman on Tue 10/Mar/09 10:03pm

pushbikerider wrote:
specializedman wrote:My bike carrying machine, the reason it doesn't have mags is because I live down a shit gravel road so cant use any decent tyres!

Drives awesome though.


its not that you can't get decent tyres, its that low profile tyres don't like gravel roads

you can get great tyres that will fit your steelies :sly: , its just that you want low-profile tyres on huge rims ;)


Yeah because deep tyres on big rims will make my speedo wacky! (not to mention they would hit the guards)

The tyres on there at the moment are deceptively wide, The car handles really sweetly, Ford Focus's are renowned for being great handling cars.

Bit of a bugger that Ford couldn't sort out how to keep water out of the car though!
specializedman
User avatar
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby MattV on Tue 10/Mar/09 10:50pm

We almost lost the rear bumper :lol:

It was only when I looked in the side mirror that I saw something wasn't where it was supposed to be. :crazy:
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby Datsane on Wed 11/Mar/09 2:49pm

shmoodiver wrote:thin tire with tall sidewall on wide rims, not the best but a good compromise.

:crazy: Its nothing but stupid.
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Re: Show Us Your Bike Carrying Wagons

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 11/Mar/09 3:39pm

Datsane wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:thin tire with tall sidewall on wide rims, not the best but a good compromise.

:crazy: Its nothing but stupid.


no it's not, have you tried it?
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Cars | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

74 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 73 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop

cron