Postby Logger on Sat 21/Jul/07 5:00pm

Aaah good man, well as I said make it look bling and mount it to the heatshield. I've done this in a couple of cars and it looks bloody cool.
Logger
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Jimmy_C on Sat 21/Jul/07 5:27pm

Haha sweet as will do.
Jimmy_C
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Logger on Sat 21/Jul/07 5:29pm

Oh and whats with the race tape on the Battery bracket :p
Logger
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Jimmy_C on Sun 22/Jul/07 7:56pm

ok so I went to buy the heat shield metal today but it was $85 for a piddly little sheet. So I made one out of some 0.5mm thick sheet metal I had in the garage. Will this be good enough or not? Is there a heat retardant paint I can buy to make it good? Thanks
Jimmy_C

Postby Monolith on Sun 22/Jul/07 8:00pm

Jimmy_C wrote: ok so I went to buy the heat shield metal today but it was $85 for a piddly little sheet. So I made one out of some 0.5mm thick sheet metal I had in the garage. Will this be good enough or not? Is there a heat retardant paint I can buy to make it good? Thanks

just keep it silver - should reflect a little heat. The main thing is to stop convection - radiation will still heat the air going into the pod slightly, but nowhere near as much.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Robbie on Sun 22/Jul/07 9:05pm

Jimmy_C wrote: ok so I went to buy the heat shield metal today but it was $85 for a piddly little sheet. So I made one out of some 0.5mm thick sheet metal I had in the garage. Will this be good enough or not? Is there a heat retardant paint I can buy to make it good? Thanks

One nice strick is to make a double layer, with an air gap, of say 5mm between them..
Robbie
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Jimmy_C on Sun 22/Jul/07 9:41pm

robbieracer wrote:

One nice strick is to make a double layer, with an air gap, of say 5mm between them..

What does that do?
Jimmy_C

Postby Monolith on Sun 22/Jul/07 9:45pm

Jimmy_C wrote:
robbieracer wrote:

What does that do?

prevents heat radiating from the sheild to the filter/pipe by placing another sheild in the way to radiate to....
Monolith

Postby Jimmy_C on Sun 22/Jul/07 9:46pm

oh sweet. ill make another one of the same thing i made today tomorow. then Ill post pics once its all in and looking good... i hope
Jimmy_C

Postby Monolith on Sun 22/Jul/07 9:50pm

Jimmy_C wrote: oh sweet. ill make another one of the same thing i made today tomorow. then Ill post pics once its all in and looking good... i hope

i wouldn't bother - the differnce will be about 0.5% - so about 0.3hp :)
Monolith

Postby Jimmy_C on Mon 23/Jul/07 5:17pm

Here it is. Critricism is more than welcome.

Also some pics with its new body kit.
Lancer done.JPG
Lancer done1.JPG
Lancer done2.JPG
Bonnet up.JPG
S3700082.JPG
S3700085.JPG
S3700087.JPG
Jimmy_C

Postby james on Mon 23/Jul/07 5:22pm

get a propper grommet for that wire. the plastic tube will fall out after the judder bar.
james
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Monolith on Mon 23/Jul/07 5:38pm

evo bumper looks good.

IMO the 1 and 2 looked better than the 3 at the front, so good choice. :thumbsup:
Monolith

Postby kuna on Mon 23/Jul/07 5:40pm

Gotta say james shes lookn beaut, good job on that fancy heat shield majiggy, might make one for my car so I can beat you in a drag.

pausenot.
kuna
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Jimmy_C on Mon 23/Jul/07 6:24pm

Monolith wrote: evo bumper looks good.

IMO the 1 and 2 looked better than the 3 at the front, so good choice. :thumbsup:

Exactly what I think. And the 3 bumper is way too over done on the libero/lancer wagon.
Jimmy_C

Cars | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts