Postby Logger on Sat 16/Jun/07 11:05pm

Monolith wrote: I got the pulsar on the dyno today - just for a laugh. Ended up with 113kw (@7630rpm) at the wheels, which I don't think is too bad for a standard 1.6l nissan engine. :thumbsup:


Shit thats bloody good. My B16A pulled 122wkw and I spend oodles on it.

But my B18CR will be pulling over 200wkw once I've had my wicked way with it.
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Monolith on Sat 16/Jun/07 11:31pm

I need to get some headers sorted for it, and a decent intake too... but no-one in NZ makes headers for it, so i'd have to get japanese ones >$1K :huh:
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby mudguard on Sun 17/Jun/07 8:52am

113wkw? Shit! I'd hate to see how few I have!
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby Dodgysam on Sun 17/Jun/07 11:53am

Monolith wrote: I need to get some headers sorted for it, and a decent intake too... but no-one in NZ makes headers for it, so i'd have to get japanese ones >$1K :huh:


Darryl (EVLNXR) and James (punkoutnz) are making headers for vzr and sr20ve engines so hold tight and they will be able to sort you out soon bro.
Dodgysam
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 17/Jun/07 11:55am

Dodgysam wrote:
Monolith wrote: I need to get some headers sorted for it, and a decent intake too... but no-one in NZ makes headers for it, so i'd have to get japanese ones >$1K :huh:


Darryl (EVLNXR) and James (punkoutnz) are making headers for vzr and sr20ve engines so hold tight and they will be able to sort you out soon bro.


:thumbsup:

Yay!
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:03pm

Monolith wrote: I got the pulsar on the dyno today - just for a laugh. Ended up with 113kw (@7630rpm) at the wheels, which I don't think is too bad for a standard 1.6l nissan engine. :thumbsup:
Nice :thumbsup:
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:09pm

:paranoid:
dyno2.jpg
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:11pm

Monolith wrote: :paranoid:
How many people had a giggle when you put it on the dyno?
Is it Black :eh: I could swear it was blue/grey at C_rock last year
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:13pm

Datsane wrote:
Monolith wrote: :paranoid:
How many people had a giggle when you put it on the dyno?
Is it Black :eh: I could swear it was blue/grey at C_rock last year


everyone was standing outside chatting... until it hit 5600 and started barking :lol:

then they sorta came in with looks of puzzlement on their faces and comments like "That sounds like a honduh!" :rolleyes:
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Logger on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:14pm

Oooh you put it on a dynapack, good man!
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:16pm

Logger wrote: Oooh you put it on a dynapack, good man!


yeah, no-one has a rolling road in welly - nearest one is fortec in palmy nth i think.

Always cracks me up though, the rolling road vs hub dyno debate... has caused many arguments on some of the car forums I'm on :D
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Logger on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:21pm

I'm a dynapack convert now, after talking to Fraser Simpson (or Capitan Brittania as Frank Liew calls him) I'm convinced that they are better. Although mounting the car to the pods can be a bit tricky as I found out at chch autosalon last year.

Did you take it to Speedtech?
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:22pm

Only differance it makes is when people quote numbers from the two diff styles.

If dyno'd on the same one it don't mean jack. Then again there is a few things you can do to increase you HP on a rolling road dyno :paranoid:

Car forum tards are like bike forum tards so that means nothing at all :lol:
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:23pm

Ah Fraser... have you seen his EP???? HAWT!!!!

We were at Chequered Flag - about 2 minutes from Speedtech. I had the forester done at speedtech with rexnet a year back.
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Logger on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:25pm

Monolith wrote: Ah Fraser... have you seen his EP???? HAWT!!!!

We were at Chequered Flag - about 2 minutes from Speedtech. I had the forester done at speedtech with rexnet a year back.


Yes Frasers EP is stunning. Will be even better when he gets the supercharger kit on it!


And just for a bit of E-penis comparing here's the dyno graph for my ITR when it was totally stock. Give me 3 years or so and that torque figure should be through the roof.
DC2R August 04 dyno plot.jpg
Last edited by Logger on Sun 17/Jun/07 12:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Cars | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

72 Users browsing this website: ced35303, Google [Bot] and 70 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle