Postby Biker4Life on Sat 12/May/07 11:09am

my new car
Image006.jpg
38376199_full.jpg
Biker4Life
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Logger on Sat 12/May/07 11:16am

Very practical :thumbsup:

how much did you pick it up for?
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Biker4Life on Sat 12/May/07 11:22am

$2000 . yeah drives sweet and mint for taking the bike around
Biker4Life
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby mudguard on Sat 12/May/07 5:56pm

Dougal wrote:
You'll get slightly more torque from a longer intake runner.
But the lenght of the pipe feeding the intake manifold won't help you.

It's all about creating resonance and using the pressure waves to help push air into the cylinders.


But Dougal, the book says its so, it must be so!
Actually I can't remember exactly, but I"m happy with the stock intake. I think the point the book made was to keep the diameter the same as the throttle body and to have few bends.
mudguard
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 13/May/07 10:29am

Logger wrote:
Datsane wrote:
Logger wrote:
mudguard wrote:
Logger wrote: It's got tints. Those fancy 35% metal finish ones. Also has a big brake kit, brake booster brace, Catch can, Aluminium cold air intake. Needs a bit of paint work though.


Methinks heat wrapping an alloy intake arm would be a good idea? Only seen it once, but seeing how warm a rubber one gets I think alloy would get pretty warm too. Or perhaps it would be kept cooler as it's alloy and the intake would keep it cool internally.

We're putting the test pipe on my brother's car soon, so it will be even louder now. I think he's rather looking forward to the silencer now!


Thats a heap of heatwrap to do the whole pipe. The pipe extends alllll the way into the bumper ya know. I might get all the welds ground back and have it anodized black anyway.


Either way it's going to get pretty warm, I could get it powdercoated a dull grey or silver even, to many options.
And yes you're brother will be taking his silencer to bed with him after the test pipe is fitted :p
Black would make it worse as in attracts the heat.
:eh:
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby Logger on Sun 13/May/07 11:04am

I said:

Either way it's going to get pretty warm, I could get it powdercoated a dull grey or silver even, to many options.
And yes Cam you're brother will be taking his silencer to bed with him after the test pipe is fitted :

Internet>me.
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 13/May/07 6:35pm

Datsane wrote:
Logger wrote:
mudguard wrote:
Logger wrote: It's got tints. Those fancy 35% metal finish ones. Also has a big brake kit, brake booster brace, Catch can, Aluminium cold air intake. Needs a bit of paint work though.


Methinks heat wrapping an alloy intake arm would be a good idea? Only seen it once, but seeing how warm a rubber one gets I think alloy would get pretty warm too. Or perhaps it would be kept cooler as it's alloy and the intake would keep it cool internally.

We're putting the test pipe on my brother's car soon, so it will be even louder now. I think he's rather looking forward to the silencer now!


Thats a heap of heatwrap to do the whole pipe. The pipe extends alllll the way into the bumper ya know. I might get all the welds ground back and have it anodized black anyway.

And yes you're brother will be taking his silencer to bed with him after the test pipe is fitted :p
Black would make it worse as in attracts the heat.


Doesn't attract heat, but it does absorb it alot more than say silver or white. :)
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby phunk on Sun 13/May/07 6:56pm

Monolith wrote:
Doesn't attract heat, but it does absorb it alot more than say silver or white. :)


I would agree with you when in the sun, but as for in an engine bay, I wouldnt have thought the colour to matter?
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Logger on Sun 13/May/07 7:02pm

phunk wrote:
Monolith wrote:
Doesn't attract heat, but it does absorb it alot more than say silver or white. :)


I would agree with you when in the sun, but as for in an engine bay, I wouldnt have thought the colour to matter?


Agreed, I didn't think it would really matter?
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby phunk on Sun 13/May/07 7:03pm

There are only three ways for heat to move from one place to another:
conduction, convection, radiation.

Conduction is molecules crashing into each other. If one side of a material
is hotter than the other, heat can be conducted through.

Convection is molecules carrying energy through a liquid or gas. Hot air
rising is an example of convection.

Radiation is light waves passing from one material to another. Incandescent
light bulbs emit radiation because the wire within is heated.

Color has no effect on conduction or convection. It does, however, affect
radiation. Material looks dark if it absorbs most of the light that hits
it. A material that cannot absorb radiation will reflect it to your eyes,
making the material look like the color of the light. If a surface absorbs
most of the light hitting it, the surface heats up quickly.


Nope. :p
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby phunk on Sun 13/May/07 7:04pm

Oh, and logger, my suspension is up the poo, reccomend me something for an EG Civic. Is just replacing the shocks at Midas good enough?
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Logger on Sun 13/May/07 7:35pm

phunk wrote: Oh, and logger, my suspension is up the poo, reccomend me something for an EG Civic. Is just replacing the shocks at Midas good enough?


How much are you willing to spend? And I wouldn't touch Midas with a 40 foot barge pole but thats just me.
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby phunk on Sun 13/May/07 7:43pm

Logger wrote:
phunk wrote: Oh, and logger, my suspension is up the poo, reccomend me something for an EG Civic. Is just replacing the shocks at Midas good enough?


How much are you willing to spend? And I wouldn't touch Midas with a 40 foot barge pole but thats just me.


Bout a grand, and it was just an example of a generic suspension place, but good to know.

Aim is good ride quality, with decent handling, not fussed about lowering it, but def not any higher..
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Logger on Sun 13/May/07 7:50pm

phunk wrote:
Logger wrote:
phunk wrote: Oh, and logger, my suspension is up the poo, reccomend me something for an EG Civic. Is just replacing the shocks at Midas good enough?


How much are you willing to spend? And I wouldn't touch Midas with a 40 foot barge pole but thats just me.


Bout a grand, and it was just an example of a generic suspension place, but good to know.

Aim is good ride quality, with decent handling, not fussed about lowering it, but def not any higher..


Unless you want to go spending bazillions of dollars on a Koni/Neuspeed setup I'd suggest going a set of KYB Excel G shocks and some nice springs like Lovells or Dobi's. But if you're after a full coilover you can pick up a set of Daiyamas from Mac at www.41.co.nz for as little as $1100. Although you would need to get a certification for this.
Logger
User avatar
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby Monolith on Sun 13/May/07 7:52pm

Logger wrote:
phunk wrote:
Logger wrote:
phunk wrote: Oh, and logger, my suspension is up the poo, reccomend me something for an EG Civic. Is just replacing the shocks at Midas good enough?


How much are you willing to spend? And I wouldn't touch Midas with a 40 foot barge pole but thats just me.


Bout a grand, and it was just an example of a generic suspension place, but good to know.

Aim is good ride quality, with decent handling, not fussed about lowering it, but def not any higher..


Unless you want to go spending bazillions of dollars on a Koni/Neuspeed setup I'd suggest going a set of KYB Excel G shocks and some nice springs like Lovells or Dobi's. But if you're after a full coilover you can pick up a set of Daiyamas from Mac at www.41.co.nz for as little as $1100. Although you would need to get a certification for this.


somehow I think most coilovers are out of teh question :)
Monolith
User avatar
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Cars | Cycling | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

95 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 93 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles