My Respect For The Police Has Tripled. (updated).

Postby Dougal on Wed 4/May/05 5:33pm

Short story:
Came home, found two burglars in the house, chased them, called cops, cops caught them.
Last edited by Dougal on Wed 1/Jun/05 4:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dougal
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby headlesschicken on Wed 4/May/05 5:36pm

cool!!! U must feel like a hero! :D
Last edited by headlesschicken on Wed 4/May/05 5:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
headlesschicken
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby eugene on Wed 4/May/05 5:36pm

nicley done! :cool:

shame you didnt catch up with them and beat 'em :satan:

did you phone the police whilst running after them?
eugene
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby spud-bum on Wed 4/May/05 5:37pm

yeh go the police!!!!!

now get the police to cum 2 my house to find the nitwits that broke into our 3 cars and stole my camelbak with bits in!
spud-bum
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 4/May/05 5:42pm

You even made today's paper dude!
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Dougal on Wed 4/May/05 5:53pm

faceplant wrote:You even made today's paper dude!

Yeah, but the reporter has screwed up all of the details.

The dumbarse burglars will be well and truely nailed to a cross.
One of them was on bail for burglary already.
The other one was caught wearing one of our bags containing two of our computers.
The one on bail had a prescription tube of ointment in the bag the other guy was carrying as well as leaving a glove and a half drunk can of bourbon outside the house.

We got all our stuff back yesterday, damage to some of it which insurance will cover and the police say we can seek reparation as well.

It looked like they were intending to take everything they could. Whole drawers including hair brushes, really old clothes and shoes as well as stuff they could probably sell (computers) were taken. One of them lives only a few hundred metres away in a parrallel street. They were walking so the police dogs would have found them anyway.

The police had two cars there within four minutes of my call, within ten minutes they had four cars (6 police) searching the area, but by then the car I was in had found them, still with our stuff.

I'm just annoyed they got away from me. By the time I unlocked the door to get in, they had a decent head start. I slipped on some moss while they scaled the 2m high tin fence in the backyard. They were carrying four bags but dropped 3 and had the last one on when we found them again. :cool:

*edit* Just saw the court news. One of them also had a some weed and a pipe on him, both are remanded in custody, one till friday, one till may 13th (trial)
Dougal

Postby Percy Pig on Wed 4/May/05 5:56pm

Sweeeet! :cool:

Nice work,pity you didnt have a shovel handy,but you can get in the shit for smashing burglars,so its probably not worth it anyway.

Bugger that it happened at all,but good to hear its a story with a happy ending. :)
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Dougal on Wed 4/May/05 5:59pm

Percy Pig wrote:Sweeeet! :cool:

Nice work,pity you didnt have a shovel handy,but you can get in the shit for smashing burglars,so its probably not worth it anyway.

Bugger that it happened at all,but good to hear its a story with a happy ending. :)

Nah he would have just "fell" off the fence and landed on his face/knees/nads. I'm sure it happens all the time. :satan:
Dougal

Postby Percy Pig on Wed 4/May/05 6:01pm

Dougal wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:Sweeeet! :cool:

Nah he would have just "fell" off the fence and landed on his face/knees/nads. I'm sure it happens all the time. :satan:
Not 37 times it doesnt. :D

But you could say he was pissed on half a can of bourbon!
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby eugene on Wed 4/May/05 6:04pm

still, i bet theyll only get a couple of months jail time, if the law system is as stupid as the uk's.. :(
eugene

Postby Dougal on Wed 4/May/05 6:06pm

eugene87 wrote:still, i bet theyll only get a couple of months jail time, if the law system is as stupid as the uk's.. :(

Looks like May 13th is the date to find out.
Dougal

Postby Scotty on Wed 4/May/05 6:14pm

Percy Pig wrote:Nice work,pity you didnt have a shovel handy,but you can get in the shit for smashing burglars,so its probably not worth it anyway.:)

See, I reckon that's BULLSHIT. If someone is in your house without due cause, they're fair fucking game as far as I'm concerned. :satan:
Scotty
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Dougal on Wed 4/May/05 6:20pm

faceplant wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:Nice work,pity you didnt have a shovel handy,but you can get in the shit for smashing burglars,so its probably not worth it anyway.:)

See, I reckon that's BULLSHIT. If someone is in your house without due cause, they're fair fucking game as far as I'm concerned. :satan:

Remind me to knock LOUDLY before walking into your house. :eh:
Dougal

Postby eugene on Wed 4/May/05 6:20pm

but wat if their armed? your screwed really, its best to ring the police straight away and make a decision there and then, pursue and risk life or wait for police. :eh:

but i spose in a moment like that the adrenaline kicks in... :D
eugene

Postby Mals on Wed 4/May/05 7:32pm

Dam theives. Reminds me of a of a story, happened about 8 months ago ladys house was broken into (she was only away for about 20mins but forgot something so she came back), saw the house was broken into, rung the police. Dog handler was about 1 min away, came around picked up a sent, and lead them straight to the theives who lived about 500m away. They were sitting in the lounge, door open with this lady stuff around them. Go the dog
Mals
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Sifting - Latest Posts