Postby VERT on Fri 27/Apr/07 7:29pm

pushbikerider wrote:
VERT wrote:
fraserb wrote:
Nick_K wrote: The red alloy bolts look nice.....till they snap.

\*sigh*
i remember back when I had a full set of red chainring bolts.
broke my last one about 2 months ago :angry:

dont overtighten them Vert.

I made them loose now :0

On an SS don't make them loose, as you risk losing ring bolts and if you do that you wind up with a badly bent sprocket from the torque or hillclimbing (and if you are really lucky a 3 hour plus walk home from the middle of no-where)

should I use locktight? I know what you mean by loosing bolts as I have done this on my last SS
VERT
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby ants06 on Fri 27/Apr/07 7:33pm

TukitukiFREERIDER wrote: there truvativ husselfelt.. any special way to get the cranks off ? theyr on quite hard took out the bolts and gave them a tap with a rubber mallet but there one very firmly

ruktion and husselfelt are the same crank just the name changes and the ruktion comes with a howitzer bb :)
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 28/Apr/07 10:58am

VERT wrote:
should I use locktight? I know what you mean by loosing bolts as I have done this on my last SS

You shouldn't need to, if your bolts are torqued correctly, but it mightn't hurt if you find that you regularly loose them
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Postby fandangle on Sat 28/Apr/07 4:28pm

upgrades!!! haven't been on a ride yet with them, will do tomorrow, the next on the to do list is to get some normal brake levers instead of the silly dual controls

the surly chainrings looks sooo shiny :love:

I've also changed the ration to a 32:16 with a 17t laying around for those bigger hills
DSC02544.JPG
fandangle
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby mundi on Sat 28/Apr/07 4:31pm

That is rather shiny mickey, go and get it dirty.
mundi
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Nick_K on Sat 28/Apr/07 4:33pm

Good choosing on the surly ring, they shiny and look like they should last forever.

Gone back to a normal gear ah, your chicken legs couldn't handle the big gear you had on before?

(no seriously 32:16 much more sensible than the gear you had before.)
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby fandangle on Sat 28/Apr/07 4:38pm

I really hope I don't ever have to worry about the drive chain for atleast one year. althou I'm in the process of getting a X-O drivechain..... :paranoid:
fandangle
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Nick_K on Sat 28/Apr/07 4:40pm

I have a X0 drivetrain for sale :paranoid:
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Jim on Sun 29/Apr/07 9:33am

Oh noooooooooooo, I have sold my soul (no not that one, the one I can do with out) and have bought into this big wheeld fully rigid lark. :crazy:

But I have not gone for the big volume tyres to make up for the lack of suspension, I've gone for the most amount of mud clearence I can get. :D
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0570.JPG
Jim
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby free_rider21 on Sun 29/Apr/07 9:39am

Do you know the weight dunga?
Last edited by free_rider21 on Sun 29/Apr/07 11:41am, edited 1 time in total.
free_rider21
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby nav on Sun 29/Apr/07 9:46am

i have a question, im building my single speed up and im going near top of the line for everything, but im stuck on cranks, all the rest of the bike is modern bling but im not sure whether to go for a nomal crankset, (like xtr) of go single specific, and so what is good?
nav
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Jim on Sun 29/Apr/07 10:00am

Weight do not know.

Cranks, the cranks them selfs you can really use your own personal preference, but bear in mind that with a SS the torque loading in the cranks will be greater when climbing. What you will have to do is change the ring to a non ramped and pinned chain ring, it will have to be a SS specific ring. I run a Middleburn RS8 crank with their UNO chain ring.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

Yes I know the extracting nut is mangled but that was the prevouse owner.
IMG_0574.JPG
Jim

Postby 95bonty on Sun 29/Apr/07 10:03am

hey dunga, more questions...are those 700c on that simple? and what size frame is it? either way it looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
95bonty
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Jim on Sun 29/Apr/07 10:06am

Yeah, 700c rims 38c wtb tyres and a medium frame, the forks are the 100mm travel adjusted.
Jim

Postby Datsane on Sun 29/Apr/07 12:16pm

dunga wrote: Oh noooooooooooo, I have sold my soul (no not that one, the one I can do with out) and have bought into this big wheeld fully rigid lark. :crazy:

But I have not gone for the big volume tyres to make up for the lack of suspension, I've gone for the most amount of mud clearence I can get. :D
:thumbsup:
So you at the moon ride.

Thats if I get there :paranoid:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Post Your Bike | Singlespeed - Latest Posts