Just been to Stewart Island ( some photos)

Postby Tim on Fri 13/Dec/02 11:42pm

Hey guys
well i took off to stewart island to get away from it all for 4 days! Had no plan what so ever... found room in a back packers, travelled down with a mate by ourselves and had a great time! All we did was play pool, go fishing off the wharf and eat food. We caught loadsa fish off the wharf, including some sharks, theres a photo of one here, the reason me and my mate are laughing so hard is because the shark is spraying some white liquid every where :crazy: we caught about 4 of these in one night, great fun to wind in. Photos of the birds are called kaka's they come right up to you and eat out ure hand, or in some cases do some dodgey things, like the photo with my mate in it....
theres a photo of me with the fish we caught on the first night in about 1 hour... all trumpeter, bloody tastey fish, we fried them up with some butter in a pan.. lovely :)
theres a photo of the ferry also, took it on the way over before we left, this is one kick arse boat, on the way back we had 8m swells, i chucked 2wice but the boat just powered through it... it would have been fun had i not chucked up my beef burger... ;)
anyway if your ever down there, go to the pub and get some fish and chips, there the best ive tasted... and if your into fishing i recomend going down there and going out on a boat, or fishing off the wharf... its a fishermans paradise...

i stiched two photos together of this rainbow that popped up, if there wasnt water on the lens, it would have been good :crazy:
:cool:
ferry.jpg
the beast
firstfish.jpg
me with fish
panorama.jpg
:)
parrot.jpg
birdy
parrot2.jpg
cool bird
Tim
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Tim on Fri 13/Dec/02 11:43pm

more pics
parrot3.jpg
Tim

Postby Jackass on Fri 13/Dec/02 11:44pm

nice rainbow! :0
Jackass
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Tim on Fri 13/Dec/02 11:45pm

dam owell, looks like ill have to upload every one seperate...

what a dirty parrot..... ( thats my mate not me)
parrot4.jpg
Tim

Postby Tim on Fri 13/Dec/02 11:45pm

and lucky last...
me my mate and my sharky
shark.jpg
Tim

Postby Jackass on Fri 13/Dec/02 11:47pm

man... your mate is a birdophile.
Jackass
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Naff on Sat 14/Dec/02 8:57am

by the looks of the last pic, hes a sharkofile too :eh:
Naff
"3 times the fun!"
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby Tim on Sat 14/Dec/02 11:59am

hahahaha
yeah something like that lol

and heres a photo of the only bike i sore on the island.... next time i go over im gonna bring my bike cause theres some great looking riding...

ahhh yes the wonders of digi cams.... :)
Tim

Lower South Island | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Southland | Stewart Island - Latest Posts