Noise Limit For Western Springs Speedway.

Postby AarowNZ on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:10pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3121706a11,00.html

The Environment Court yesterday issued a decision ordering Springs Promotion Ltd to comply with the noise limit of 85 decibels or risk a maximum fine of $200,000
AarowNZ
"What?"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby phunk on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:14pm

The people complaining, have they lived there longer than the speedway?
"hmmm i seemed to inadvertantly moved next to a speedway, gosh its a bit noisy, i think it should be shut down.."
Morons, just like people who complain about Airport noise in Palmy - wasnt a problem until they built subdivisions next to it..
phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:14pm

WHERE WILL ALL DA BOGANZ GO FOR THEIR ENTERTANMNT!!!
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Noise Limit For Western Springs Speedway.

Postby james on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:16pm

:crazy: the speedway has been there for 75 years how long have the members of the "The Spring Stadium Residents Association" lived in the area?

I bet those same members loved seeing Robbie Williams for free along with all their family and friends.... :hmmm:
james
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby bugle on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:16pm

phunk wrote:The people complaining, have they lived there longer than the speedway?
"hmmm i seemed to inadvertantly moved next to a speedway, gosh its a bit noisy, i think it should be shut down.."

w3rd

whining pretentious jaffa's
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby jeremyb on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:17pm

Anyone who moves next to something like this and then complains is a moron, they should be put out of their misery!
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby james on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:18pm

bugle wrote:whining pretentious jaffa's

correction : whining pretentious greylynner's
james
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Re: Noise Limit For Western Springs Speedway.

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:18pm

james_giant wrote:I bet those same members loved seeing Robbie Williams for free along with all their family and friends.... :hmmm:

I could hear the Bee Gees a few years back from my place in Grey Lynn. :crazy:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby ryguy on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:19pm

jeremyb wrote:Anyone who moves next to something like this and then complains is a moron, they should be put out of their misery!

That can be arranged........
ryguy
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:25pm

reverse sensitivity issues like this are a real goldrush for RMA lawyers at present.

another good example is the Auckland Port Co who were concerned about the billions of apartments being built overlooking the port....they didnt want them built then people complaining.

Primarily these are dealable with (esp in greenfields subdivisions) by "no complaints" covenants.

My view is that no one should be allowed to complain in a situation like this unless they have taken all reasonable steps to mitigate the noice up to and including replacing all their windows with double glazing and installing noise insulation in their walls and ceilings. Otherwise fuck 'em.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"

Postby pissface on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:25pm

speedways are another component to the massive social machine glorifying wasteful consumption of resources, conflict, and wanton destruction.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby bugle on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:29pm

pissface wrote:speedways are another component to the massive social machine glorifying wasteful consumption of resources, conflict, and wanton destruction.

Environazi :p
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"

Postby ryguy on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:29pm

pissface wrote:speedways are another component to the massive social machine glorifying wasteful consumption of resources, conflict, and wanton destruction.

Hippie :D

It gives some people their kicks, probably better than them wasting their saturday night sinking piss and getting violent.
ryguy
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby jeremyb on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:30pm

pissface wrote:glorifying wasteful consumption of resources, conflict, and wanton destruction.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

The noise, the smell, the action, motorsport is great, compared to Joe Averages smoke billowing crapsubishi it's so much less damaging.
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby pissface on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:31pm

now why do all you people take it for granted I'm saying its a bad thing?

but anyway: yeah its all part of saying "we need bigger/faster/more powerful" which is precisely the attitude that is burning up the world.
Last edited by pissface on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts