New Years Resolutions

Postby Rik on Sat 9th Jan 5:11pm

Has anyone got any new years resolutions?

I've boldly stuck my neck out to do 5000Ks this year, Strava has my best year at just less than 4000Ks, gulp
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Re: New Years Resolutions

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sun 10th Jan 9:40am

More stretching and core strength.
Turns out the creaks and groans aren't injury that will heal, they're age. Doesn't seem to improve with rest.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: New Years Resolutions

Postby AgrAde on Sun 10th Jan 7:24pm

-become confident lead climbing outdoors

-climb a 7A boulder

-go up a mountain over 2800m (probably gonna be Tapuae-o-Uenuku because it's actually really easy and in summer it's all rock.)

-do a decent mountaineering course

-manage wear and tear a bit better to avoid injury. I'm shit at listening to my body.

-by new years day: be fit, trained and ready to do my "the coast to coast is too easy so i found a better way" route. was going to do it this summer but i spent all year being injured and was never able to get into shape.

Rik wrote:Has anyone got any new years resolutions?

I've boldly stuck my neck out to do 5000Ks this year, Strava has my best year at just less than 4000Ks, gulp

5000 km is pretty decent if you're trying to have fun with it. If you're just slogging out a boring ride on the flat every couple days it'd be fine... Any big rides planned?
AgrAde
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Cycling - Latest Posts