Christchurch Group Rides

Postby Notboxhill on Fri 14th Jun 7:43am

Hello, I’m moving over to ChCh in just over a month from London. Can’t wait to get out there and meet some new faces. Are there any regular group rides happening? I know it’s winter but I’m guessing the weather is pretty much the same as here right now. Looking forward to getting involved in the cycling scene in NZ.

Already signed up for Le Race too
Notboxhill
Member for: 4 months 0 weeks

Re: Christchurch Group Rides

Postby Claude on Fri 14th Jun 8:25pm

Try this www.vorb.org.nz/any-bunch-rides-happeni ... 11922.html I think all are still going.
With Evans Pass being open again I guess the Worlds be be heading back through Lyttelton & over the Pass.
Intro yourself to some of the riders, there are other groups that go out and some will have details.

Cheers
Claude
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby gydey on Sun 16th Jun 11:18am

Hi there

Most weekends there are numerous bunches head out from Princess Margaret Hospital. There are team rides like Warm Up and the likes usually roll 100km on the flat or hills..Fatboys do a couple of hard mid week rides on the hills...and Ive got a small group doing Gorges on Sundays (160km)

Cheers

Terry Gyde
gydey
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Claude on Sun 16th Jun 8:07pm

Forgot to mention the Cycle Surgery rides - cyclesurgerycanterbury.co.nz/store-rides-in-christchurch.html
They have some good ones.
Claude
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts