The Dark Side And Back - A Journey On Roads Well Travelled

Postby dwgknz on Mon 10th Apr 9:20pm

This is a good read that was on Pinkbike last week. Worth reading if you haven't already.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-dark-side-and-back-a-journey-on-roads-well-travelled.html
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Re: The Dark Side And Back - A Journey On Roads Well Travelled

Postby Rik on Tue 11th Apr 10:35am

henryquinney wrote:I do love big days on bikes. A good ride is starting in the dark and finishing in the dark.

I love the fact that a self confessed mountain biker is not afraid to have a pop at a roadie record. Yeah, it a good read. It's got my cogs whirring into action
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby jimmi71 on Tue 11th Apr 12:57pm

What a great read. What really rang true for me is the attitude of just getting out there and doing it cos you can. Four times a year I plan a big ride (300km in one day, 540km on gravel roads etcetcetc) to explore parts of NZ I want to see. No strava or race numbers, but just cos I want to and its there.

Good luck on the next challenge!
jimmi71
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Postby Conners on Tue 11th Apr 6:22pm

That was a great read - thanks for sharing.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby jo on Tue 11th Apr 7:38pm

I enjoyed it too. Suspect his go-hard-go-home strategy might not have worked for him -- just 8 hours sleep and all that by Auckland.
But good on him for giving it a punt. Getting to akl before the wheels fell off is truly impressive. :thumbsup:
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby EoinC on Wed 12th Apr 7:16am

Great effort. I'm a bit surprised at the roadie attitudes he encountered - Most roadies I know would be very impressed with what he managed.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Cycling - Latest Posts