Truvativ Powerspline 68mm English Bb

Postby Bent Bike on Mon 13th Mar 8:01pm

Hellllllooooo biking experts, I'm new to the world of mountain biking, in fact biking all together is all new to me. So I got myself an old KHS 604 to get started, served me very well, lucky for me I was reasonably running fit before my leap into biking, so I was able to keep up with most of the flash bikers. However the BB is now making interesting noises, research shows I require a Truvativ Powerspline 113x68mm English. What the difference between the 68mm & 68mm English? Appears to be two BB which are very similar except one has the ENGLISH name tacked on.
Cheers people
Bent Bike
Member for: 7 months 1 week

Re: Truvativ Powerspline 68mm English Bb

Postby el_booto on Mon 13th Mar 8:44pm

english refers to the BB standard of your frame, it's also known as BSC/BSA depending on what part of the world you're from
basically, 68mm and english are one and the same. english BB's come in 68 and 73mm shell widths
your LBS should be able to order one from the local SRAM distributor, or purchase one from these guys as none of the vorb supporters have them listed :blink:
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Bent Bike on Tue 14th Mar 7:25am

Thanks for that... More confusion, just measured the BB and frame, the frame measures about 68mm, bearing about 73mm, I require a 73mm BB... Correct?
Bent Bike

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 14th Mar 7:46am

68 & 73mm are the frame widths.
Get the BB with the number matching the frame.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Bent Bike on Tue 14th Mar 9:54am

Cheers
Bent Bike

Cycling - Latest Posts