Feel More, Ride More - Nzta Cycling Advertising Campaign

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Tue 21st Feb 11:16am

This is a new campaign for the NZ Transport Agency and is part of the wider cycling programme aimed at making ‘urban cycling a safer and more attractive transport choice.’ The cycling programme is tasked with increasing the number of trips made by bike to 10 million per year by 2019.

More Into HERE

What do you think?
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Feel More, Ride More - Ntza Cycling Advertising Campaign

Postby dwgknz on Tue 21st Feb 2:19pm

Were those car at a complete standstill when he under took them?
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Feel More, Ride More - Nzta Cycling Advertising Campaign

Postby 13daza on Tue 21st Feb 9:31pm

Does this mean Im expected to ride more than the minimum 14 rides a week I do now ...... cause I dont think the mrs will be too happy about that Id have to give up mowing the lawns and other chores :D
13daza
Member for: 3 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Wed 22nd Feb 9:27am

13daza wrote:Does this mean Im expected to ride more than the minimum 14 rides a week I do now ...... cause I dont think the mrs will be too happy about that Id have to give up mowing the lawns and other chores :D

I don't think you're their target demographic. It'd be like preaching to the converted. Impressive riding stats BTW :thumbsup:
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 22nd Feb 10:49am

yeah, i dont reckon i could ride any more than i do. commute both ways every day, plus the school run, plus any errands anywhere, plus, often, going out to gigs / the pub / visiting friends... I can go days and weeks without using the car. obviously not the target demographic either.

edit: Also, most of my recreation revolves around riding - running the dog around the red zone (usually after dropping the young'un at school), and mountainbiking at least once a week, twice or three times if i can get it.

i just dont understand how we've come to this position in time and place that people are so blind to the benefits and utility of biking!?

most of (the more intelligent of) my work colleagues are onto it - all thinking car drivers are mugs, but then i work in a particular 'green' industry.
Last edited by swtchbckr on Thu 23rd Feb 9:33am, edited 1 time in total.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby 13daza on Wed 22nd Feb 10:35pm

yeah, i dont reckon i could ride any more than i do. commute both ways every day, plus the school run, plus any errands anywhere, plus, often, going out to gigs / the pub / visiting friends... I can go days and weeks without using the car. obviously not the target demographic either.

Ironically I own a nice big old school 4wd that sits in my drive and gets driven about once every few months its done 400 km in the last 3 years, I ride to and from work plus all the other fun rides with the boy/training rides and errands at a guess I probably ride about 6-8000 km a year ..... I get off my bike at work and then spend my working day fixing cars and trucks daydreaming about where Im going to ride next :D
13daza
Member for: 3 years 6 months

News - Latest Posts