Xxx1 Jockey Wheels

Postby Geordie on Thu 13/Oct/16 7:27pm

Anyone got any thoughts on good jockey wheels to replace sram ones ?
Geordie
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: Xxx1 Jockey Wheels

Postby mudguard on Fri 14/Oct/16 8:04am

How worn are they? I don't think I've ever worn them out. I usually kill the derailleur first.
mudguard
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Rik on Fri 14/Oct/16 8:48am

mudguard wrote:How worn are they? I don't think I've ever worn them out. I usually kill the derailleur first.

Challenge accepted
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Conners on Fri 14/Oct/16 6:49pm

mudguard wrote:How worn are they? I don't think I've ever worn them out. I usually kill the derailleur first.

Really? I've replaced them on every derailleur I've ever had. Either totally shark toothed to the point of virtually no teeth at all, or sloppy bushings in the top wheel.

In fact my last XTR that I replaced had a totally assploded bearing in the top wheel.

But I don't bust derailleurs often - I've only broken one in nearly 20 years of riding. And I've only had two mountain bikes in that amount of time, so each derailleur has seen a fair bit of work.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby AgrAde on Sat 15/Oct/16 1:29am

Shifting gets shitty once the top one's a bit worn. I keep the wheels off the derailleurs I smash and that's usually enough to maintain the ones that last long enough to wear out.

Can you not get replacements easily from sram?
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycling | Derailleurs | Drivetrain | Rear Derailleurs - Latest Posts