Hello

Postby el sol on Tue 14/Jun/16 1:18pm

Hello Vorb people of the interwebz,

I registered today after a shortish stint sifting. I registered and contributed sporadically years ago, but my mind is a sieve from too many crashes and I can't remember such trivial detail as a username and password.

Anyway, I'm based in the 03 and spend much of my saddle time commuting between work and the beach. I have a very young son, so I'm forced to live out my MTB dreams vicariously through mates and epic vids at the moment.

Despite being in my 20s, I'm fairly cantankerous about cycling stuff. I like steel frames, brakes that barely work and 26 inch wheels for bumpy stuff. My main ride is a 2009 Santa Cruz Bullit AM rig that destroys me on anything resembling a hill. I also have DJ bike, and couple of fixies. I build clunkers in my spare time and enjoy the thrill of riding shit bikes.

Recently, I started building a SS 29er for lugging my son around Bottle Lake in his iBert. I never thought I'd write that sentence.

Hit me up if you have any blingy 29er bits you want to part with.

Peace!
el sol
Member for: 1 year 4 months

Re: Hello

Postby jo on Tue 14/Jun/16 1:36pm

Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Welcome to vorb el sol. :)
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Rik on Tue 14/Jun/16 2:04pm

Welcome El Sol

el sol wrote:I build clunkers in my spare time and enjoy the thrill of riding shit bikes.

I to am partial to the construction of the odd clunker, but I'm not sure 'thrill' is the adjective I'd use to describe riding them. More like 'terror' or 'concern'
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Philthy on Tue 14/Jun/16 4:13pm

03 covers a large area. I'll assume you're a one eyed cantabrian.
Philthy
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby el_booto on Tue 14/Jun/16 4:23pm

Rik wrote:Welcome back El Sol

FTFY :thumbsup:

also: :withstupid:
el_booto
"Don't let anyone say "the world is your oyster" the world is not an oyster..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Tue 14/Jun/16 9:53pm

el sol wrote:Recently, I started building a SS 29er for lugging my son around Bottle Lake in his iBert. I never thought I'd write that sentence.

:lol:
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 10 months

New User Introductions | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts