How Long Should Bib Shorts Last

Postby Derryn Hinch on Thu 3/Mar/16 2:30pm

I have an expensive pair of bib shorts in which the material in the crackal region above the chamois is now indecently thin.

These bibs are about a year old and I rotate them with two other pairs so they must have done a maximum of about 5000km, maybe 70 rides. I wash them every second ride (admittedly on a normal cycle).

Am I being unreasonable in expecting them to last longer? All my other shorts seem to last about 3 years.
Derryn Hinch
"....... but I never called her fat!!!"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Re: How Long Should Bib Shorts Last

Postby dwgknz on Thu 3/Mar/16 3:06pm

3 steps out the front door when you have realise you have made a terrible mistake and return inside to get a pair of baggies.
dwgknz
Member for: 5 years 4 months

Postby mfw on Thu 3/Mar/16 4:31pm

Until next years colours come out? :eh:

But seriously, I haven't found much difference between cheap and expensive ones in terms of durability, I just wear them until I get too many (indecency) complaints :D
Yeah, 3 years seems about right.
mfw
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby mfw on Thu 3/Mar/16 4:38pm

BTW you won't get much wear out of this thread (sic) until you add it to a vorb channel :rolleyes:
mfw
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Slim on Thu 3/Mar/16 5:00pm

I generally wear ground effect bibs under baggies, my most used pair is from 2011. They probably get a couple of 2-3 hour rides a week, they have done a 500km bike tour and 750km stage race.
Slim
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 3/Mar/16 5:39pm

You don't have to change leather, it don't rot for years.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Sifting - Latest Posts