Re: Construction Gets Underway On Christchurch Adventure Park

Postby mudguard on Sat 5/Mar/16 2:24pm

I have no issue with Todd Blackadder endorsing it. He seems to be an enthusiastic rider and will target more non riders. He certainly has more of a media presence than Cooper (who I am certain is lovely). However he is young and largely unheard of, given XC is a niche sport here.
Established riders will come anyway. They don't need Cooper, Blackadder or anyone to invite them.
mudguard
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 5/Mar/16 2:41pm

dwgknz wrote:Begs the question then, why would potential future world champions even start with the sport when even at the top level they'd get more recognition as a top level (but not world champion) rugby player!?

Maybe because they enjoy doing what they do for themselves, not for fame?
They don't have to be the official face to endorse the place.

Having Toddy also shows the rubgyheads that there are other things out there to enjoy.
Last edited by Astoria Paranoia on Sat 5/Mar/16 7:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 5/Mar/16 2:47pm

Need to build a wall around the park and make the rugby heads pay for it
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Conners on Sat 5/Mar/16 7:04pm

dwgknz wrote:Begs the question then, why would potential future world champions even start with the sport when even at the top level they'd get more recognition as a top level (but not world champion) rugby player!?

You realise that the next future world champ cyclist might be a rugby playing kid who doesn't ride a bike currently?
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Farm on Sat 5/Mar/16 7:54pm

Jimmy_Rustles wrote:You elitist idiots are everything that is wrong with cycling. I constantly hear from new people how hard they find it to get into riding, no wonder, when the average current demographic is wankers like you.

:withstupid:
Farm
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby slowMTB on Sun 6/Mar/16 1:07pm

Farm wrote:
Jimmy_Rustles wrote:You elitist idiots are everything that is wrong with cycling. I constantly hear from new people how hard they find it to get into riding, no wonder, when the average current demographic is wankers like you.

:withstupid:

Harsh, I used to see the ' elitist' types up Vic Park building tracks all the time ( Tui Add right there ) :rolleyes:
TBH, if they put as much into the sport as they do riding for themselves everyone would be better off.

As for Todd, at face value it seems like a strange 'marriage' , in reality he is exactly the public figure we need to advance such a project. It will be bums on seats that keep it all rolling long term. One of the problems with such a high profile sporting figure is people forget that they have lives outside of their profession just like you and I.
slowMTB
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby sweep on Sun 6/Mar/16 3:59pm

Finally the bike park is getting underway and all the usual posters are complaining about Todd Blackadder and Rugby. Just get over yourselves and be happy that this time next year we will be riding and enjoying the park.
sweep
Member for: 5 years 6 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 7/Mar/16 7:42am

Not complaining about rugby or even Todd Blackadder. Just venting surprise and frustration that we have a world champion mtber in chchur who isn't at the sod turning. Don't understand people's ambivliance. If someone is unknown you shove them down the publics throats until it rolls of the tongue.

Now for a complaint about Todd Blackadder - you're at a mtb park not crusaders practice - dress the part!
dwgknz
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby Wobbler on Mon 7/Mar/16 7:48am

dwgknz wrote:Now for a complaint about Todd Blackadder - you're at a mtb park not crusaders practice - dress the part!

Yeah what a scrub! where is his matching enduro orange/magenta/blue kit! Not a real cyclist sheesh
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Rik on Mon 7/Mar/16 9:35am

Wobbler wrote:
dwgknz wrote:Now for a complaint about Todd Blackadder - you're at a mtb park not crusaders practice - dress the part!

Yeah what a scrub! where is his matching enduro orange/magenta/blue kit! Not a real cyclist sheesh

You're acting like he has a say in what he can wear in public. Addidas don't do teal baggies.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Wobbler on Mon 7/Mar/16 9:41am

Rik wrote:
Wobbler wrote:

You're acting like he has a say in what he can wear in public. Addidas don't do teal baggies.

index.jpg

#enduroblooo
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 7/Mar/16 10:10am

dwgknz wrote: Just venting surprise and frustration that we have a world champion mtber in chchur who isn't at the sod turning.

dwgknz wrote:
* a quick check of Facebook has confirmed that Anton Cooper is in fact busy on a morning ride around Lake Wanaka

Now get off your high horse.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Mon 7/Mar/16 10:14am

Wobbler wrote:
index.jpg

#enduroblooo

Now, seeing those makes me feel sad. Sad for poor Todd. There he was, uniforms laid out on the bed the night before, deciding what to wear.

"If I where the black shorts, then the mountaining biking community won't take me seriously"

"But if I don't wear Canterbury colours, I'll be letting down all my fan"

"Oh if only the internet could see the bigger picture, if only they could focus on the fact we're are building the biggest bike park in the Southern hemi-sphere"*

*These comments are widely speculative. Todd Blackadder may or may not have gone though this thought process.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby Wobbler on Mon 7/Mar/16 10:39am

Nah if you believe some of the gurnadry around here it was "rugby rubgy dig a hole cyclists sux lol rugby rugby"
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Rik on Mon 7/Mar/16 10:46am

Wobbler wrote:"rugby rubgy dig a hole cyclists sux lol rugby rugby"

That comment is intellectual enough to go into the stuff.co.nz comments section :p
Rik

Baggy Shorts | Cycling | Cycling Clothing | Cycling Shorts + Longs | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts