Your Favourite Trail?

Postby michael on Fri 16/Oct/15 12:05pm

I was thinking today, holed up in the trail-less Wairarapa how much I am missing Wellington single track, I will be back during the weekend and the trail I want to ride the most is Solitary at out at the Miramar Track Project.

One of my favourites because it is rough and raw with a good mix of terrain and styles, quicker and flowing at the top, off camber and roots through the middle, steep and twisty near the bottom.

Sol.PNG


What is your favorite trail and why?
michael
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 16/Oct/15 12:27pm

Deliverance via Parade Drop entrance. So many good memories of riding through there in the dark, in the dawn, and in the rain with close friends, always a great test of my mojo levels. Only just started cleaning the track from start to finish. Super tight, always overgrown, no disneyland berm/huck 'features'.
20151013_113200.jpg
BrokenKonaRider
User avatar
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 16/Oct/15 12:48pm

I've never taken the Parade drop entrance, is it worth missing the rock garden for? I love the rock garden, and Deliverance is deffo one of my favourites too.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby Wobbler on Fri 16/Oct/15 12:50pm

The Luge at cragieburn

random video from youtube

nice length, perfect gradient, rooty in parts all sorts of awesome

http://www.craigieburntrails.org.nz/tracks/luge/
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby phantasim on Fri 16/Oct/15 1:00pm

:withstupid: the luge and the browning/hackett track in Nelson would be two of my favs.
Oh and some of the massive decents I rode in peru and bolivia last year.
phantasim
User avatar
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby AgrAde on Fri 16/Oct/15 3:00pm

Edge track in craigieburn is awesome too, especially if you don't stop at the junction and continue down the lyndon saddle track. It's not a run I get done often because it doesn't work as part of the loop but it's worth it when I do. I like the edge more than luge because it has better views, it's a bit more technical and it's a lot more scary at speed :thumbsup:
AgrAde
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby scatter on Fri 16/Oct/15 3:24pm

My favourite trail of all time is the old Be Rude Not To. Damn I miss it :( Have found a few trails that come close to allowing me to experience the flow like I used to on BRN2 but nothing really compares.
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Fri 16/Oct/15 3:28pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:I've never taken the Parade drop entrance, is it worth missing the rock garden for? I love the rock garden, and Deliverance is deffo one of my favourites too.


Parade drop seems more low speed skill orientated with narrow twists and rock ledges than the hold on and bounce element of the rock garden. Both are great though
BrokenKonaRider
User avatar
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby Wobbler on Fri 16/Oct/15 3:36pm

AgrAde wrote:Edge track in craigieburn is awesome too, especially if you don't stop at the junction and continue down the lyndon saddle track. It's not a run I get done often because it doesn't work as part of the loop but it's worth it when I do. I like the edge more than luge because it has better views, it's a bit more technical and it's a lot more scary at speed :thumbsup:


Too scary for me :D narrow tracks right on the edge with nothing on the side are the one thing that really spook me out super hard. Can never get comfortable on them :( I've ridden it once and shit myself 75% of the time. Makes me pretty sad as the other 25% were super radness and I would love to ride some of them again.
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby ryda on Fri 16/Oct/15 3:38pm

scatter wrote:My favourite trail of all time is the old Be Rude Not To. Damn I miss it :( Have found a few trails that come close to allowing me to experience the flow like I used to on BRN2 but nothing really compares.
"Exit"
in Roto at the mo it prolly "Billy T" for me but that does change depending on how I'm/it's riding...
ryda
User avatar
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby jimmi71 on Fri 16/Oct/15 4:48pm

My fav trails are the loooong ones:
Pureora Timber trail was great
Pakihi track (off Old Coach Road) to Opotiki has good memories
Waikato river trail is an awesome day out
The big W2K 70k circuit was brilliant
Moerangi overnighter is cool

Many others to list, but those are the ones that stand out right now.

(Yes, yes, yes....I know the Mainland has even more epicness. Don't worry - they are all no my to do list)
jimmi71
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby AgrAde on Fri 16/Oct/15 7:08pm

Wobbler wrote:
AgrAde wrote:Edge track in craigieburn is awesome too, especially if you don't stop at the junction and continue down the lyndon saddle track. It's not a run I get done often because it doesn't work as part of the loop but it's worth it when I do. I like the edge more than luge because it has better views, it's a bit more technical and it's a lot more scary at speed :thumbsup:


Too scary for me :D narrow tracks right on the edge with nothing on the side are the one thing that really spook me out super hard. Can never get comfortable on them :( I've ridden it once and shit myself 75% of the time. Makes me pretty sad as the other 25% were super radness and I would love to ride some of them again.


first time = vertigo
second time = severe discomfort
third time = mild dis-ease
....
tenth time = rowdy :D
Then below the turnoff to go up to luge it's like luge except wider, driftier, flowier, and not as rooty!

I've never dropped in to the top of edge down the scree, hoping to find someone to do that with this summer. Tied all together it should be a killer 20 minute descent.
AgrAde
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 16/Oct/15 8:46pm

Tihi-o-tawa sticks in my mind as a favourite round here, it's rooty and techy but still fast in places, lots of line choices, and it links up with multiple trail options at its finish point
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby AgrAde on Fri 16/Oct/15 8:50pm

I rode that blind, in the dark behind a local. It was intense! I remember it being rooty and... lumpy.
AgrAde
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Your Favourite Trail?

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 16/Oct/15 9:17pm

Supplejack.... Or firball.... That's tough.
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Trail Riding - Latest Posts

Who is online

53 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot] and 51 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7